ContentGather is a website that you can join to sell your content in the marketplace or search on the site for content to write for a client. The site is a combination of a content mill and a content sales site. You can write up different content and add the content in the marketplace for sale. If a person buys the content that you are offering, you’ll be relinquishing the right to the content upon the sale. When you join the site, you can write blog posts, product reviews, press releases and more to add to the marketplace for sale. Furthermore, there are many freelance writers who go to the site so they can sell the content that was rejected by another client. This is a good site to recycle your content on and try to recover some money for the time you spent writing this content. Furthermore, you can apply for and write custom jobs for clients.
How Does it Work?
- The site requires that you are 18 years of age or older before you can join.
- Part of the requirements is that you are an English speaker. You don’t need to live in an English speaking country, however, you do need the writing skill of an English speaking person.
- They are looking for people who have a very strong grasp of the English language to join the site.
- Before you join the site, you’ll need a PayPal account. The site only pays you through PayPal so it is best to have an account before you join. If you don’t already have a PayPal account, it is easy to create a free account with PayPal.
- If you’re a freelance writer, you can go to the website and create your account.
- Once the account has been created, you’ll need to create your profile. The site has an extensive profile that they require you to fill in. The profile will allow prospects to see who you are and give them an idea about your writing skill and background as a freelance writer.
- In order to get started on the site, you must start to add articles to the marketplace for sale. This gives the site a baseline so they can measure your talents as a writer.
- If you don’t add any articles to the marketplace to sell, you won’t have the opportunity to search for custom jobs on the site.
How To Submit Your Articles To Sell:
- The articles you submit to the site must be 250 to 1500 words only.
- You’ll upload the articles to the site
- The staff will review your article and either approve the article or reject the article. If the article is rejected, it will be returned to you. At this time you won’t be able to make any revision to the article and resubmit the article to the site.
- You can always resubmit a different article to the site for approval.
- However, a few articles that are returned will require you to edit these articles and make changes. Only those articles that are returned for editing can be resubmitted to the site.
- Once the article is accepted and placed in the marketplace for sale, it can’t be submitted to another website that sells articles. The article must exclusively be sold on the site and not on another website.
- If you have placed one of your articles on another website for sale, you can’t submit this article to the site for consideration.
- The site wants to be the only one who is selling this article.
How To Earn Money:
- You can submit articles that you’ve written to the site for approval. The articles must be original content and cannot be found anywhere else online, the site won’t accept any articles that contain plagiarism. If you try to submit such articles to the site for approval, the articles will be removed and your account will be banned.
- Once your article is approved it is placed in the marketplace under the appropriate subject. Anyone can now go to the site and search in the marketplace. If a person is interested in your article they can purchase the article from you.
- You can also apply for custom jobs on the site. A person will post a custom job for the content they are looking for. You’ll need to read the details of the job and see if this applies to you.
- If you qualify for the job, you’ll need to claim the job from the custom job board and fulfill the job.
- The job is uploaded to the site once it has been completed.
- The client will review the work you’ve done and either pay you for the job or ask you to make revisions to the job.
- Once the client accepts the job and the job has been paid, your account will receive the credit.
Advanced Payment Process:
- If you are a Silver member on the site it is possible to receive an advanced payment for your articles.
- Silver members just need to submit their articles to the site for approval.
- When the article has been approved and placed in the marketplace for sale, you’ll be paid upfront for your work.
- The Silver member doesn’t need to wait until the article has been sold before they are paid.
- You are given a percent of the total price your article will sell for in the marketplace. Below is a chart of how much the site will give you when the article is placed in the marketplace for sale. Once the article has been sold, you’ll receive the rest of your payment.
- Silver Member receives a 5% advancement on their payment and can have a maximum of 20 articles.
- Gold Members will receive a 7% advanced payment on the article they’ve listed in the marketplace. The Gold member can have up to 25 articles.
- Platinum Member receives a 10% advanced payment for the article they list in the marketplace. The Platinum member can have a maximum of 30 articles.
- If you submit more than the maximum number of advanced payment articles to the marketplace for sale, you won’t receive an advanced payment for these articles. You’ll need to wait until the article has been sold before you receive any money.
Rating and Writer Level:
- The site gives you a rating based on your content rating and your approval rating. Furthermore, the site will use your transaction completed and the age of your account to determine your overall rating on the site.
- Content Rating: This is based on all the articles you’ve placed in the marketplace and the custom articles that have been completed. This is a total overall average based on the staff rating of your work and the rating that you received from the client when the custom article is completed.
- Approval Rate: This is determined by the number of approved articles, versus the number of rejected articles that you submitted to the company for the marketplace. Furthermore, is your work on the custom jobs this rating is also taken into consideration. If a customer rejects your work this brings down your approval rate.
- Transaction Rating: This is based on the number of completed transaction you have in your account. The number of articles sold in the marketplace and the number of accepted and paid custom job articles you’ve done.
How Are You Paid?
- The amount of money you earn on the site will depend on your level as a content writer. Furthermore, this will also depend on the job you’re working on.
- The site will pay $0.02 to $0.12 per word.
- When one of your articles is sold in the marketplace, you’ll receive your asking price, minus a 20% commission the site takes.
- This is the same for all custom jobs you work on. The site will recover a 20% commission from you before you are paid.
- You will need a $5 balance in your account before you can request a payment from the site.
- The site takes 24-hours to process your payment.
- The money is sent to your PayPal account.
This is a legitimate site, you can join as a freelance writer. You have two options for earning money from the site. You can sell your pre-written articles in the marketplace or you can work on custom jobs and earn money from the client. The site is looking for native Englis speaking writers who live in the United States, Canada or in the UK. You must be 18-years of age or older to join the site. This is a great opportunity for a new freelance writer to earn money writing content for different clients or selling their work in the marketplace. Just keep in mind that you won’t earn any money from the site unless one of your articles is sold or you take a custom job.