Wordvice is an editing service that looks for and hires proofreaders. The company is always looking for freelance editors, translators, content writers, educational video instructors, and seminar and workshop lecture. The company currently has an office in Korea, Japan, China, Taiwan, the United States, and Turkey. You can also find an office that is located in the UK. The company is looking for translators and proofreaders who have a graduate degree and two years proofreading experience.
How Does it Work?
- In order to apply for a proofreading job at the company, you’ll need to have the following qualifications:
- You must be fluent in the English language.
- They are looking for people who are enrolled or you have completed their graduate degree.
- You must have a minimum of 2 years proofreading experience.
- An understanding of the different formatting styles APA, AMA, MLA, and Chicago.
- It is necessary to have an advanced understanding of MS Work and know how to use the Track Changes feature.
- They are looking for people who have strong technical writing skills.
- It is necessary to have a keen eye for errors in writing.
- When applying for the company you are required to submit your resume, and complete an editing sample form the company.
- They are asking you to submit the pay rate that you are looking for on the application.
- If you’d like to work for the company they need a person who is independent and self-motivated.
- They need proofreaders who have worked for another professional proofreading and editing company.
- The company needs people who have an educational background or have some experience in medicine, engineering, or other biomedical and natural science domains.
- You’ll be required to meet deadlines, so it is important that you understand the responsibilities and what is required of you.
- They need a person who has a passion for writing and editing.
What Type of Work Does the Company Offer?
- This is a part-time work at home job.
- However, the company does have a lot of work you can do if you’d like to work more than part-time.
- The company says they can offer you steady and constant work because of their expanding clientele.
- At times during certain seasons of the year the workflow is less, however, the company still has work to offer their editors.
- You will be editing and reading academic papers, admissions essays, and other types of documents.
- You’ll be responsible for correcting grammar errors in the document and checking and revising mechanics issues.
- You are required to retain the original intended meaning of the document while making revisions.
- If you work for the company it is necessary to respond to order notifications and meet the deadline.
- You will be working with the client and answering their questions.
How Does the Company Pay?
- If you are hired as a proofreader the company will discuss your pay rate with you.
- There is no indication on the website or anywhere else about how the company pays you or how often you are paid.
- The company will only disclose this information to you once you pass the test and are hired.
If you love proofreading and are looking for a great job, this company is a good one to apply for. They are a legitimate company and have offices in several countries around the world. You’ll be working from home and completing your assignments. There are deadlines for you to meet and the company is looking for a proofreader who has previous experience and also a graduate degree.