HubPages is a content writing site and a revenue sharing site for freelance writers. The HubPages platform allows any freelance writer to join the site and create a weblog or mini blog using their platform. You’ll be writing your own articles and sharing them on the site’s platform. This is an excellent way for a new freelance writer to get noticed and show off your work online. Furthermore, the platform allows you to earn money through your own affiliate programs and advertising networks that you partner up with. You can join Amazon, Google Adsense or any other network that allows you to earn money sharing ads or affiliate links. You basically will write your own article and display it on your personal weblog. The revenue you earn from your articles will be yours and isn’t shared with the company. However, the company does have a revenue sharing policy that they spit with the author 60/40. This means that 60% of the time your word ads are displayed on your pages and 40% of the time HubPages displays their ads on your weblog.
How Does It Work?
- This is a free site to join and all you need to do is visit the site and create your account.
- You are required to create a username on the site. The username that you choose will create your sub-domain name on the site.
- When selecting your username, make sure it relates to your blog and what you want to write about. There are quite a few sub-domains on the site so it will be necessary for you to look around and see if your username has been taken or not. Choose your username carefully, because this will be how you will share your articles on your social media accounts and also how search engines will find them.
- Once your account has been established it is easy to write for the site. You’ll be creating your own articles called hubs and posting them in your sub-domain on the site.
What Is HubPages About?
- Articles: The site allows you to publish your own articles on your sub-domain. The articles you publish on your own hub can include reviews, a niche article, videos you’ve created, different maps, polls or even quizzes.
- Earning: The site will split the revenue with you on an impression basis. You can add your Google AdSense account and also the HubPages’ Ad Program to your hub. You can earn revenue from Google AdSense ads, contextually placed ads, Amazon links or products and different contests the site has to offer. The site has a HubPages Earning Program that you can check out and see the different ways you can earn money as a Hubber on the site.
- Community Interaction: The site has many bloggers or Hubbers on the site who will interact with the articles that you write. This is a unique community of blogger or freelance writers who have come together in a single community online.
- Educational Resources: There are plenty of educational resources that you can find on the site.
- Article QA: The site has a section you can write different articles for that will allow visitors to comment on these articles. This gives you a chance to answer the visitor back. This section was set up for authority bloggers who want to help people.
- Referral Program: A great way to earn on the site is by linking your referral code to different articles on the site. When a person visits the article on the site after clicking on your link, you’ll receive a 10% share of the impression and earning during that time.
- Contests: The site runs a different contest that you could earn $25 to $50 for writing an article about a certain topic or theme.
- As long as your content is published on the site you can continue to earn money each month for the ads that are placed on your pages.
Creating Your Articles:
- It is easy to create an article on the site. Just click on start a new hub at the top of the page.
- Like any blog site, you must first create your title in order to begin your article.
- Like all blog sites, all you need to do is insert your content. You can write this directly on the site or create your content in a word document and add it to the site.
- Once you’re done, all you need to do is hit the publish key and publish your article to your own personal hub.
- When you first create your article, you’ll be working with a capsule. The capsule is the building block the site uses for creating new articles.
- The site uses different capsules when writing or creating your content. You’ll need to select the correct capsule to use. You can select a text capsule, a photo capsule, a map capsule, a video capsule or check out the other choices the site has to offer.
- It is possible to embed different links in your articles for your affiliate programs. This is a good way to earn extra revenue from the site when you write a review of a product and post it on your hub.
How Are You Paid?
- On the 28th of each month, HubPages sends out the payments to each person who has earned money from the site.
- The company uses PayPal only and you’ll receive your earnings in your PayPal account.
This is a legitimate site to join to earn money writing your own articles and posting them online. The site is a weblog or a mini blog site platform that you can join and create your own sub-domain for free. Furthermore, this is a great way for a new freelance writer to get established and create a portfolio for people to see. You can earn money on the site through their revenue share program or by using affiliate links in your own articles that you write. This site was established back in 2006 and has grown over the years. it is one of the most visited sites online and many people have their own personal weblog online through this site.