Skyword is a content writing site for freelance writers. The site is opened worldwide and you must first check to see if your country is listed before joining the site. If you’re a freelance writer, a journalist, an influencer, a videographer, graphic designer, professional writer, a photographer, or even an animator it is a good site to join. Here a freelance writer has the opportunity to create blog posts, articles, different types of social media posts, corporate videos, take photos and much more. The company works with different enterprises to match writers with the companies who are looking for different types of content.
Requirements To Join:
- The site is looking for different types of freelance writers, photographers, or video producers. They even need graphic designers and influencers to work with their clients.
- You must have a PayPal ID and give this to the company if you want to write for them.
- The company also requires you have a Twitter account and link your Twitter account on the site.
- The final requirement will require you to upload a PDF file of your writing skills or an article you’ve written. They are looking for 3 examples of your work. Otherwise, you can link to different articles you’ve posted online that show them examples of what you’ve published online.
- The is looking for people to join worldwide. When you join the site they will have a listing of acceptable countries that can join. Check the listing and see if your country is listed.
How Does it Work?
- When joining the site you must select the category that you want to join under. They have different categories to register under.
- Fill in your email address and password.
- When submitting your application they require you to click the box and check I’m not a Robot.
- Go to your dashboard and start to fill out your profile information.
- The site requires you to upload a photo of yourself so the companies can see who they are working with.
- Fill in the information concerning your address, city, and states.
- You’ll need to fill in your bio on the site. This can be accomplished in a word document so that you can check your formatting, spelling, grammar, and word count.
- Fill out your social network profile and link to all your social media accounts. You can also link your professional websites and blogs in your profile.
- There isn’t a place to add your professional writing examples in the profile page. So you’ll need to submit the information and go back to either upload the PDF files or add the links to your writing examples.
- Once you’ve completed your profile it is time to go to your contributor profile and complete everything on this page.
- Add your online experiences, other experiences, your education, and anything else that will help a company select you to write for them.
- When this is completed, the company will send you a confirmation email that you must click on the link to finish your registration process.
- The company will review your application and see if your skill sets match any of their upcoming projects.
- Keeping your profile current and up to date at all times will make it easier for you to be selected for one of the upcoming projects.
- There are many different channels on the site and the channel owner will select the people he wants to write for them.
- When you write for this site it is possible to create content for multi8ples channels at the same time.
How Much Are You Paid?
- Each channel owner pays a different price for the content they need.
- Your pay is determined by the channel owner. Therefore, each time you write content for a channel owner, your pay will vary depending on what is required from you.
How Are You Paid?
- The company pays twice a month. You will receive your pay on the 15th and the 30th of each month.
- You can always check your profile to see if you have any pending payments from the site.
- You are paid through your PayPal account. You’ll need to have a PayPal account when registering with the company in order to receive your money.
This is a legitimate company to work for and they always pay on time if you have a balance in your account. You’ll be paid twice a month from the company to your PayPal account. There are plenty of opportunities to write for this company and they have hundreds of channels you can write for. You’ll be invited to join the channel by the company or the channel owners. Each project you complete on the site will be paid to you by the channel owners. They will determine your rate of pay and how long you have to complete their project. The site has plenty of work and it is easy to keep busy as a freelance writer provided that you work for multiple channels at the same time.