Alorica is a company that hires people from around the world to work at home as a customer service representative. In 2015, Alorica named was changed from West at Home. The company is located in Irvine, CA. Even though the company changed their name, the service is the same. Alorica offers anyone who wants to work at home a chance to be a call agent with their company. The company hires call agents worldwide and has 5000 work at home agents that are employed by the company.
What Is The Hiring Process?
- You’ll need to visit the site and fill out the online application. This normally takes 45 minutes to 1 hour to complete.
- When applying for a position the company will run a background check on you. In order to do this, you must pay for the background check. The cost of the background check is $35. This is normal when any company hires you online for a work at home position.
- Before the company runs the background check, you’ll be screened and tested for a Job Fit Assessment to determine what your current job skills are.
- A behavioral assessment is required to work as an at home agent.
- After thee assessments are completed, you’re required to complete an automated online interview. This will be necessary to have a computer that has a webcam and microphone that you can use.
- After the interview, the company sends you an email to let you know if they want to hire you or they aren’t interested.
- To complete the hiring process the company runs the background check on you. The background check will include a criminal history report.
- You’ll receive I9 paperwork that must be filled out and notarized before you send it back to the company.
What Are Your Basic Job Responsibilities?
- You will be hired as a work at home agent. This is a customer service position that you will be speaking with customers on the phone or through online chat.
- You’ll be required to help customers with their problems, concerns and answer all their questions.
- The company offers flexible working hours that will easily fit into your schedule.
- The company is easy to work for because you can pick the shift that you want to work.
How Much Do You Earn?
- The company has several different types of programs that you could select. They are based on the time you want to work.
- The different work schedules offer a pay-per-minute rate, work time rate, pay-per-call rates or a guaranteed hourly rate.
- The company says that if your total earning ends up being less than the minimum wage they will compensate you and bump you to meet the local minimum wage requirement in your state.
- There is a minimum of 10 hours a week that must be worked. Most people want to work more than the minimum so you must be quick to grab the hours when the schedule comes out. This might require you to check back several times a day for the new working schedules and available hours.
- The company pays their agents minimum wage or up to $10 an hour.
- The company has a paid training program that you must complete before starting to work for their different clients.
What Type of Equipment Do You Need?
- In order to apply and work for the company, you must have your own computer. The company won’t accept any MAC devices.
- Your computer should have the latest version of Windows installed on it.
- You’ll need a minimum of 1 GB of RAM for your computer to interface with the company.
- A headset is required for the job.
- You landline must be a feature free POTS service. There is no voicemail, answering machines or call waiting permitted on your phone service.
- You can’t use a cell phone or VOIP service.
- You must have an internet connection that is DSL, cable or fiber optic. You can’t use a dial-up service or a 4G wireless connection.
What Do Others Say About This Company?
- Like any company you decide to work for there will always be the good, the bad, and the really ugly reviews people leave online.
- It appears that a few of the jobs need you to be a sales rep. Some of the people who took this position didn’t like the pushy sales tactics that the company wanted them to use.
- A few people claim that they don’t receive the respect they deserve from the company.
- A few people claim the job is fun and also interesting because they have different projects they can consider working on.
- It is tough to get hours from this company.
- People think it is fine to get paid minimum wage because the call volume is slow most of the time.
- When the call volume is up and many people are calling in, that is when you can make really good money working for the company.
- A few people that were hired by the company said it took several months for them to complete their paperwork.
How Does The Company Pay?
- There is no indication about how often the company pays you each month.
- Furthermore, the company refuses to add any time of information about how they pay.
- Considering the company has hired you as an employee, it is safe to say that you will either receive a check for your work or they will deposit your paycheck directly to your bank account.
This is a legitimate company to work for as an at home call agent. You will be hired to work from home using your own computer, phone line, and will need to have a headset available for you to use during working hours. This is a great opportunity for anyone looking for a full-time position that pays minimum wage or higher for your services. The company has a paid training session that you must complete before starting to work as a customer service rep.
This is a great opportunity for anyone who is looking for a work at home position. However, it can be difficult to find enough hours to work each week and you’ll be competing with other reps for your schedule. You’ll need to be quick to select your hours before they are all taken. This means that you’ll need to check the work schedule several times a day and hopefully, you’ll be one of the first ones to take the hours.
Help Keep The Website Online:
Please help support 9 to 5 Work Online and keep it advertisement free. Nobody wants to go to a website and see all the ads, pop-ups, and banners. They come to read the information. The only way I can keep this site free of advertisements is through your help. By clicking on the cup of coffee and buying me one will help keep this website free from banners and advertisements. Thank you for your support and hope you visit again soon. There are new reviews added daily and with your help, you’ll always find great information and legitimate sites you can work on.