Abuzz Press is a publishing company that has published over 6,000 books electronically. The company has been in business since 1998 and is a division of BookLocker.com, Inc. The company helps authors print their manuscripts electronically and also distributes the books for them. Currently, the company is only working with US citizens and all International authors should contact BookLocker.com if you’d like to send in your manuscript for consideration.
How Does it Work?
- The company takes all the financial risks after your manuscript has been accepted.
- Abuzz Press will pay the design costs for the cover, interior formatting, ISBN, barcode, printer setup, and print proof. Furthermore, the company also formats and prints the book as an eBook for electronic distribution.
- The first hardcopy of your book is sent to you for approval.
- The company prints the book in hard copy or eBook publication.
- Once the book is on the market, the company sends you all the information you’ll need to promote your book.
- Since the company takes all the financial risks in publishing your book, you must agree to give the company exclusive publishing rights for 3 years.
- If you prefer to pay all your own fees, then you’ll need to contact BookLocker.com
What The Company Offers Authors:
- The company will professionally format and convert your manuscript for print and eBook publication.
- The company has its own designers that will work with you to design your book cover.
- Each book is assigned an ISBN and barcode.
- The book is published as a paperback.
- Furthermore, the company personally formats and converts your manuscript into an eBook.
- When the book is ready for distribution, the company distributes the book for you.
- The book is listed with Ingram, which is the world’s largest book distributor.
How Do They Promote Your Book?
- Once the print edition has been approved, the company lists your book on Ingram. This is the world’s leading book distributors.
- The book will be listed on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Books Million, Chapters and other online bookstores that have an Ingram account.
- People will be able to pick up Ingram feeds and easily find your book.
- What is fantastic is that most bookstores use Ingram’s databases and can order your book for the market at any time.
- All eBook editions will be posted or listed on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Apple, and Kobo.
What Does the Company Do After Publication?
- The company handles all the customer service for you. Furthermore, they take care of the technical support, processing of credit cards, and handles mail order. The company also takes care of all the sales taxes and paying these after each book is sold.
- Your book will be listed on the site’s online bookstore located on BookLocker.com. Furthermore, the eBook will be listed on this site also.
- Each account is password protected and you can log into your account at any time to check the progress of your sales.
- Once you’ve reached $40 in royalties, the company will send out a check once a month.
What Are Your Obligations?
- If you decide to use this service, you can submit your completed manuscript to the company. This should be the finished copy of the manuscript that has been edited. The company doesn’t provide editing services for your book.
- Your manuscript must not violate any Unites States laws. Therefore, you’re legally responsible for the content of your book.
- You must give Abuzz Press exclusive right to your book for 3 years. Afterward, if you decide to stay with the company, you’ll be directed to BookLocker.com to make your contract. You may cancel this contract at any time.
- You agree to accept royalties of 40% for each sale of your book. This is the company’s net profit on book sales. Furthermore, your royalties for eBook will be $30.
- You’ll need to agree to not publish another book that competes with this book during the term of your contract.
- You have the opportunity to make any corrections or changes before the final book is published. You have one opportunity to make the changes. If you decide to make further changes to your file, you’ll be charged a flat fee of $98 if the book hasn’t gone to the printers. However, if the book has been sent to the printer, you’ll be charged $199 to make your changes. On eBook, it is a $90 flat fee for making the changes. If your changes are complex this price can be more.
Why Should You Consider Abuzz Press?
- The company can have your book to press and printed in less than a month. Some traditional publishing companies take a year or more to publish your book.
- The company pays a higher royalty fee to you.
- Your royalty fees are paid to you on a monthly basis, as long as your account has $40 or more.
- The company offers you a higher discount rate when you purchase copies of your book.
- Abuzz Press will help promote your book, where traditional publishers will make you promote the book and pay for your own promotions.
- Abuzz Press contract is only for 3 years, where traditional publishers contract last for years or until they have determined the book is out of print.
- If you use a self-publishing service, you’re required to pay all costs upfront. But, with Abuzz Press you’re not required to spend your own money to publish your books. All the company asks is a 3-year exclusive contract from you.
This is a legitimate company and has been in business since 1998. However, they only work with a US citizen and not all the manuscripts that are submitted to the company are published. The company pays one of the higher royalty fees on the market today. Furthermore, when you use their service, you don’t have any out of pocket expenses. The company will do all the work for you and not publish your book until it has been approved. Afterward, the company helps to promote and sell your book and royalty checks are mailed out once a month.