Marven Global Consultants is a company that connects companies with micro consultants in their field. The company hires experts in different fields that work together to make up the Marven community. Marven works with people worldwide and believes that everyone has some sort of knowledge and can be a consultant. Currently, Marven has experts in the US, Canada, China, Australia, UK, and India.
How to Join or Apply to Work at Marven:
- Register online with the site.
- Create your profile.
- Marven has an ID verification process to ensure you are who you say you are.
- For anyone living in the United States, the company uses IDolgy to verify your ID. You’ll need to supply the company with your full name, address, and the last 4 digits of your Social Security number. Once the process is finished, your account will have an IDolgy Verified stamp. This proves you are who you say you are.
How Does the Company Work?
- After you’ve finished your registration with the company, you’ll need to start creating your profile. In this section, you’ll select the category or categories that you want to consult on.
- Afterward, fill in your hourly rate of pay. Each person has the opportunity to choose they hourly pay rate.
- After completing your profile, Marven will notify you by email if a client fits your profile and the person needs your services.
- Your services are paid by the hour. If the requestor speaks to you over the phone, you’re paid an hourly rate for your consulting time.
- If you need to work with the person answering an electronic survey, you’re paid a flat rate for this service,
- When signing up with the company you must disclose your current employer or employment status. The company requires you to do this for the last 2 year. Otherwise, there could be a conflict of interest in a job the company sends to you.
- If the company believes you’ve not reported your employment information correctly, you’ll not be able to participate at Marven’s.
How Does the Company Pay?
- Marven pays its consultants through PayPal, EFT, and wire transfer to your bank or a check if you live in Canada or the United States.
- You’ll need to earn $25 or more to be paid by the company.
- When you want to be paid by the company, you must request your payment.
- As a private consultant, you’re responsible for reporting your own income.
- If you live in the United States and earn more than $600 a year working at Marven, at the end of the year the company sends you a 1099 Form.
How Do You Get Jobs From the Company?
- When you’re chosen by a client, you’ll be notified by email.
- You have the opportunity to accept or decline this job.
- If you accept the job it can take a few minutes to a few weeks to receive further instructions from the company. As long as the job is not canceled it is considered active and you’ll be notified by email.
- In order to accept or decline the invitation, you’ll need to follow the link in the email. Otherwise, log into your account to accept or decline the job. Don’t try to answer the invitation by replying to the email because the company won’t answer.
- Marven has a referral program. If your referral works at Marven’s and earns money, you’re paid a 10% commission on the money they’ve earned. This is valid for one year.
- Furthermore, if you refer a person for a specific customer inquiry from the Bulletin Board and the person successfully participates in the inquiry, you’ll earn a one time commission of 50%.
- The company notifies you by email and on your dashboard when you’ve earned a referral commission. You’ll need to earn $25 in referral commissions in order to request payment.
Marven is a legitimate company and pays you to be a micro consultant. The company has been in business since 2008 and has a good reputation in the online community. Marven believes everyone has value and can easily become a consultant with this company. If you’re looking for a full-time position, this won’t be possible. This is more of a side job that you can earn an extra income. However, a few of Marven’s consultants have a great reputation and receive an abundance of consulting jobs each month.
1 thought on “Marven Review – Legit or Scam”
I’ve always considere4d applying for this company, but I’ve never done it. Now that I’ve read this review, I’ve changed my mind.