Merit Crowd is a content writing site that pays freelancers for writing articles. The site posts listing of articles to be written. There are a large variety of articles to write for the site. You’ll have product descriptions, chances to translate documents, write tailor-made articles for companies, edit websites, and write product reviews.
How to Join:
- If you want to work or write for Merit Crowd, you’ll need to join the site.
- Fill out the information on the signup page and submit this to the company.
About the Company:
- The company has been online since the 10 April 2014.
- There is no company contact information, owner’s name or phone number.
How Does the Company Work?
- Jobs are listed on the job board. You’ll review the list of jobs and claim a job you want. Once you claim the job, you’ll have a time frame to research, write, and submit your completed work.
- The majority of articles to write for the site is 300 to 350 words. At times you’ll find articles that are larger.
- When you claim an article on the job board, you have 240 minutes to research, write, and submit the article. Otherwise, the article is opened again and another person can claim the article.
- If you’ve chosen a group project that has several articles to write, your group has 72 hours to complete the project and submit all the articles to the site.
How Do You Earn?
- Merit Crowd pays by the word written. You’ll earn 0.01 Euros per word. A 300-word document pays 3 Euros.
- The only way to earn from this company is to create quality articles.
- The company doesn’t have a referral program.
How Does the Company Pay?
- The company uses PayPal to pay for the work.
- On the last working day of each month the company sends out payment.
- There is no minimum payment required to be paid each month.
- The company requires a tax identification number to pay you.
Merit Crowd is a legitimate content writing site that pays people to write articles. This is a European based company and offers work in several languages. At the end of the month, the company pays everyone for the articles they’ve completed. The company has been in business for a number of years and there are no complaints about the site. However, there aren’t always jobs available for you to select. This makes it difficult to rely on this site for earning a daily income.
7 thoughts on “Merit Crowd Review – Legit or Scam”
Hello I am so happy I found your webpage, I really found you by mistake, while I was researching on Bing for something else, Anyways I am here now and would just like to say thanks a lot for a incredible post and a all round enjoyable blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to browse it all at the minute but I have saved it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the superb work.
In 2018 thez have the option to be paid on Upwork, but what happens if mz account is blocked? How do I get paid?
Great post, Ann. Really appreciated reading it and finding your blog:) I recently found out about Meritcrowd myself, but so far I have to say this site has been better than expected. (Although it should be pointed out that the rates are low of course). Regarding the tax identification number, I managed to find more information about it here: https://www.oecd.org/tax/automatic-exchange/crs-implementation-and-assistance/tax-identification-numbers/Sweden-TIN.pdf I live in Sweden, so did not experienced that struggle myself, but perhaps it might help someone else. All the best! /Malin
LikeLiked by 2 people
This site is legit. I joined it 3 months ago and made my first article. I like how the site is user friendly. Their support is also first and they respond back in less than 24 hours.
I had asked them about the tax pin since I had none and they told me I could put my national ID number instead. I was able to submit my tax information successfully.
This is so good to know. I know it was an international site and I could not understand about the Tax ID number. Thank you for explaining this to me.
Comprehensive review for merit crowd site, I tried joining this site after reading its review on a forum but couldn’t get through it because of the site asking for my tax ID which I couldn’t provide, this hinders me from joining the site.But as stated this is a legit site,I have seen 1 or 2 payment proofs, so this is definitely no scam site
This is good to know. I think another person said that they could use another form of ID to join the site. I am glad that you liked the review.