Textbroker is a content writing site for freelance writers. Once you join the site it is possible to find different types of writing jobs on the site. Furthermore, Textbrokers has job openings for In-house and Freelance Editors, Authors – Freelance Writers, Client Service Representatives, Author Service Representatives, and Account Managers.
The company only hires writers from the United States and requires that you submit your ID and a W9 form. Furthermore, you must be 18 years of age to write for this company.
How to Write for Text Broker:
- Fill out the ‘Author Registration” form on the site. Make sure you complete the form completely. In order to work for the company, you must be a US citizen and be able to submit your ID and W9 forms to the company.
- Add your field’s of expertise when filling out your form. This helps the company understand what type of jobs you can take.
- Add your email address and password. You will be required to verify your email address.
- Before writing for the site, you’ll be required to do a writing test. When taking the writing test, treat it like it is your job. The company will give you the subject to write about.
- The company says you will receive an acceptance notification within a week. Normally this is much quicker and some writers have heard back from the company within 24 hours.
- After you’ve taken the test, you’ll need to fill in your online profile. The company has the most extensive online profile of any writing site/. You’ll need to complete the profile on your dashboard.
- Pay close attention to the General Information section of your profile. Here you can set your own pay rates when working with private clients. If you don’t set your pay rate, then text brokers will set a default pay rate for you. This rate is the same as your review rates on the site. Set a reasonable rate for your skills because this will help get you more work.
How the Site Works:
- On the assignment page is the work that is available on the site. Here you can use the search function to narrow down your list and only display topics you’re interested in writing.
- After your rating has been determined, you can claim any assignment that you’ve been rated for. These assignments are highlighted to make it easier for you.
- Review the topics and when you find a topic you’re interested in writing about, click on the topic. You’ll be redirected to another page with the assignments that you can write.
- Once you find an assignment you’d like to write, open the assignment and read the directions. You’ll have 10 minutes to claim this assignment.
- After you’ve claimed the assignment, you’ll have 24 hours to complete the assignment and submit the assignment to the company.
- You might receive a direct order from a client you’ve worked for in the past. This is when you can charge the client your rates for completing the assignment.
- You have a chance to work on team orders. If you find a team order you’d like to write for, it is simple to apply for the team and join the team. There the work will be divided up among the team members to complete the assignment.
- You can only accept one writing assignment at a time. Once you’ve chosen your assignment, it must be completed and turned in before you can accept another assignment.
- If the client wants you to edit your article this needs to be completed before you’re paid. However, you can still accept other writing assignments when you’re editing your articles.
How the Site Pays:
- The site pays on a weekly basis to your PayPal account.
- In order to receive payment, you must click on the payment button and submit your request to the company.
- Textbroker pays the fees for PayPal and you receive the money you’ve earned from the site.
About the Site:
- The site was opened on 30-August-1999.
- The company is registered to Mesh Digital Limited.
Pros for Working With Textbroker:
- This is a freelance writing job that you can work in your spare time.
- You can pick and choose the articles you want to write. There are many subject matters to choose from.
- The help desk staff is professional and responds quickly to your questions and problems with the assignment.
- You can directly message the client about the writing assignment.
- You have the chance to set your own pay rate per word. This lets the client’s know your pay rate so they can contact you.
- Many writers enjoy the flexibility of work and making their own schedule.
- Textbroker’s is a lucrative experience, especially for new writers wanting to enter the field.
Cons for Working With Textbroker:
- Unless you put in a significant amount of time, you won’t earn much from this site.
- You no longer own the rights to the article you’ve written. Once you submit the articles to the site, you’re signing away the copyright to this article.
- The pay rate isn’t great, and at times there isn’t a lot of work available.
- The jobs available at your level are low and at times there isn’t much to choose from. The higher levels have more of a variety of assignment to choose from.
- The low pay rates have a negative effect on writers.
- Some jobs are difficult to complete in the time frame.
- You have to make sure you can select the right job so it can be completed on time.
This is a legitimate writing site that hires freelance writers from the United States. You will find plenty of work on the site and you’re paid weekly for the work you’ve completed. Most people who have written for this site for a number of years can earn around $100 per week. New writers need to establish themselves and prove their writing skills. Once you’ve done this you’ll have a chance to write for the higher paying jobs.