ComstockMarketPlace (CMP) is a greeting card company that specializes in adult humor. The company is always looking for new photographers, artists, and writer to submit their ideas, drawings, and photos. The type of submissions the company looks for strictly adult humor verses, drawings, and humorous adult cartoon drawings. They are not interested in pretty flowers, cute little animals such as puppies and cats, or even kids. Do not send them a beautiful landscape unless it has some type of hot men or women in the foreground of the image. If you have some great Krack Ups, BoyTown News, or even Naughty Nudes this is what the site wants. Back in 2013, the site opened up a new gay line section.
- The company is looking for writers who can write about outrageous or sexual content.
- Outrageous situations deal with old people, ugly people, fat people, dweeby people or anyone who is suffering from two or more of these types of people.
- Sexual Situations will be about hot men and women, fat people, old people, ugly people, or even dweeby people that engage in various forms of situations, sexually suggestive poses, or various forms of sexual activities. The site does not specialize in total frontal nudity except for cartoons.
- The cards you write need to have a direction because they are sent to another person. That means you should consider writing about birthdays, anniversaries, a congratulation card, or even a miss you card idea.
- Try to keep the gag lines brief and not include a long paragraph. Most people don’t read these types of cards.
- Make the cover of the card one to 4 words long. This is what sells best for this company.
- Seasonal gag line ideas need to be submitted 3 to 4 months in advance.
- Do not send the company any attachments when submitting your gag lines or even a link to your ideas. Ideas and gag lines must be submitted in the body of the text.
- The company is currently accepting professional photographs that have a signed model release for Naughty Nudes, Boy Town New, hot men and women, and tasteful nudes.
- If you have a concept for an image, the site requests that you send this to them with the image.
- If you are submitting artwork to the company it is best to not submit jokes or even one-liner images for a greeting card. They do not sell well and the company will reject these ideas.
- The ideas you submit must be directional and designed for a person to give to another person.
- Submit ideas that are for birthdays, divorce, love, get well or even reflect sentiment.
Greeting Card Sizes:
- The company only produces one greeting card size.
- All ideas, images, and photos must fit on a 5 x 7 size card.
- It is best the ideas fit in a vertical card. The company will accept horizontal, but they prefer vertical card ideas.
What Types of Artwork Does the Company Want?
- Do not submit ideas for cards that are sappy, wildly risqué or even middle of the road humor.
- They are looking for ideas for getting well cards, birthday, general types of cards, marriage, bachelor, divorce, thank you, retirement, age-related birthday cards, bachelor or even bachelorette cards. You can even submit gay related card ideas to the company.
How To Submit Your Ideas to the Company:
- You will need to submit your ideas by mail. The company wants these ideas submitted to them on a 3 x 5 card.
- You must include a self-addressed stamped envelope with your submission.
- The work is returned to you after the company revie4ws your ideas.
- This will normally take 8 to 10 weeks for the company to review your ideas and return them back to you.
How Are You Paid?
- If your gag lines have been selected the company will pay you $50.
- You will need to sign an affidavit of originality before you are paid.
- Artwork and photographs fees are negotiated with the artist. The company will work with each artist and negotiate a price for their work.
- You will also need to sign an affidavit of originality before you are paid.
- Artists will receive credit on the back of each greeting card that is published.
This is a legitimate greeting card company for freelance writers, artists, and photographers. You can earn a decent amount of money for submitting gag lines, drawings, or even photos to the company that they will use for their greeting cards. Just keep in mind the company is an adult greeting card company and they are looking for a specific type of gag lines, artwork, and photographs. If you have a great idea, why not submit your idea to the company? Greeti8ng card companies pay out thousands of dollars each year for new ideas to sell their greeting cards. This is an excellent way for a freelance writer, artist, or photographer to pick up a few side gigs and earn some extra money.