LiveWorld is a company who hires moderators worldwide to work on forums and social media accounts for their clients. The jobs for each client you work for varies depending on the client’s needs. You’ll basic job duties will include managing and moderating the client’s Facebook pages, wall posts and comments, checking out message boards, chat boards, blog entries, user groups, pictures, audio, videos and other social media platforms on LiveWorld or the client’s social media platforms. The company is always looking for bilingual people who can work in English and another language. This is a great work at home opportunities if you enjoy working as a moderator on different social media platforms.
How Does it Work?
- If you’re interested in applying for a moderator position with the company, you must fill out their online application first.
- The application is basic and you’re required to supply the company with the following information:
- You age, you must be 18 years of age or older to apply for this position.
- Are you authorized to work in the US? Even though the company hires worldwide, it is important that you can work in the US as a remote moderator. This doesn’t mean you’re required to live in the US.
- General information such as your name, email address, the state where you live, a phone number, when you can start work, how many hours you can work, and your availability to work during the day.
- The company performs a background check on each person they hire; therefore, you must acknowledge that you understand this when applying for the job.
- You’re asked if you have any professional customer service or moderator skills or experience. You’ll be required to list all your skill sets when applying for the job.
- If you speak a different language the company is interested in this. One of the requirements is that you must speak English also.
- You’re required to list all your skill sets.
- They want to know about your education and if you have any degrees or diplomas, and what school you’ve attended.
- If you have any certification, the company asks you to list these on your application.
- They ask you to give them a brief resume and add your references to the application.
What Are the Job Responsibilities?
- You’ll be required to review different social media accounts. This can include reading comments, approving or deleting the comments, posting to the client’s social media accounts and following the client’s guidelines when working on any of their social media accounts.
- At times you’ll be responding to customer’s questions or even user content on the client’s social media sites.
- You’ll also need to identify new trends, topics, emerging issues, and inform the client of these changes.
- If a person comments in a different language on a social media account, you’ll need to be able to translate this into the native language of the account.
What Skill Sets or Traits Does the Company Want?
- You’ll need to have excellent communication skills such as grammar, spelling, punctuation, and the ability to compose a well-spoken message.
- Multi-tasking is an important skill because this position is an online position that requires you to work on multiple platforms at the same time. This is not a phone position and your writing skills are critical to this job.
- The company will test your language skills. If you’ve indicated that you speak, read, and write a foreign language this will be tested. Furthermore, you’ll be tested on your English language skills.
- They look for a person who can emphasize with others, make decisions according to the guidelines, and communicate company policies in a conversational style.
- A person must be self-motivated and work with minimal external distractions. This means that you’ll need a quiet work environment set up in your home.
- The work shifts are in blocks and you must be able to have the time to work one of the block shifts. Each block is several hours long and this will require you to have the time necessary to fill your sift.
- They want a person who has computer knowledge of chat, instant messaging, email, and other online social media sites.
- Internet connection, computer, workspace, and phone are a necessity when applying for a job with the company.
- Understanding spreadsheets and document software is a must.
- You’ll need strong typing skills.
- It helps if you have a college degree or equivalent experience as an online moderator. It isn’t important that you’ve worked as a moderator before, but it helps.
Does the Company Offer Benefits?
- According to the website the company offers several benefits for their employees:
- Health insurance – medical, vision and dental.
- Time off and vacations.
- Flexible hours and different sifts.
- 401K and stock options are available for you.
- They also have a military veteran support program which encourages veterans to apply at the company for a job.
How Much Does the Company Pay?
- Moderators are paid an hourly wage of $9 an hour. They do have a sliding pay scale where a person can earn $8 to $15 an hour depending on what jobs they are working on.
- Social media moderators earn $9 an hour.
- If you’re a social media specialist they pay you $10 an hour.
- A content moderator earns $8 or $9 an hour.
- They hire hourly contractor moderators and pay them $8 or $9 an hour.
How Does the Company Pay?
- You’re paid every two weeks.
- The company either mails you a check in the mail or will deposit your pay directly to your bank account.
What Do People Say About Working For LiveWorld?
- Many people complain about the pay the company offers. Some people are paid as low as $7.50 an hour unless they are invited to join another project, then the pay is $10 to $12 an hour.
- Once you’re hired at a certain pay rate, the rate never increases and you’re paid the same money until you stop working for the company.
- The company hires you as an employee; therefore, if they cut your hours, you’ll be eligible for unemployment compensation or even food stamps because of the low wages you earn.
- The major complaints about the company are the low pay rate and never offering any pay raises to their employees.
This is a legitimate company to work for and will pay you to moderate content, social media accounts, forums, messages and other forms of content online. The position is a work at home position and you’ll be working several hours each day to fulfill your job duties. However, there is one major complaint about the company and it is the pay rate they offer you for your services. The company doesn’t seem to increase your pay and once you’re hired and locked into this pay rate there is no room for advancement.
This is an excellent company to work for as a moderator. They will hire people with no experience and offer training. However, this isn’t a great place to work as an employee for a long time. You’ll be forced to work at the same pay rate for years with little to no advancements at all. Therefore, it is a good idea to work here and gain the knowledge and experience necessary to apply for a better paying moderator position online.