Mobile Xpression is a market research company that collects data from mobile devices. The company is interested in the trends and behaviors of people using mobile internet. You’ll need to visit the Google Play Store to download and install the app on your Android device. Once you’ve registered with the company you’ll be sent surveys to complete and give your opinions. Furthermore, the company will monitor your mobile internet behavior and see what types of apps you use on your mobile device.
Who Can Join Mobile Xpression?
- You must be 18 years of age to join this app.
- Furthermore, you must be capable of entering into a binding agreement with the company.
- You must have complete control of your own mobile device.
- The device must be compatible with the software that you download and install from the Google Play Store
- Your phone must be able to access the internet.
How Does this Work?
- You must register with the company before downloading and installing the app on your mobile device.
- The company collects information from you. They will collect basic information such as your gender, age, education, location, and income. This helps them to gather data based on people and not individuals.
- The company gathers information from your mobile device, your browsing history, demographic location, app usage, and other information to help them compile their statistical projections.
- The company won’t monitor your phone calls, numbers you call or the phone numbers of a person who calls you. They don’t use any of your private conversations in their research.
- The company will collect information about your mobile data usage.
- If you use a VPN the software will collect the information from your VPN usage.
- The company can include your mobile messaging service, your web browser usage and collect data on the names of the apps you download on your device.
- The app will also gather data on your camera usage if you stream videos and other utilities that you use on your mobile device.
- Furthermore, the software collects information about what web pages you view, the links you access, your text messaging service, call lengths and web browsing history.
- The app never collects your text messages, private phone number, images, or other personal information on your phone,
- The site will send you surveys to take that help them collect more research information on your mobile device usage.
What do People Say About this App?
- The company isn’t clear on how you earn points. They don’t explain how you can earn points, how many points you can earn and what you need to do to earn the points. It appears that the site will only disclose this information after you’ve become a member.
- Many users have accused Mobile Xpression of collecting their private details and information. They collect this information until the time a person wants to claim their rewards. After the person claims their rewards the company will send them a notification that their account is suspicious and the company is shutting it down.
- There are positive and negative reviews about this company. People have received their gift card codes and others have had their account frozen.
- People love this app and others don’t trust it at all. They feel it is dangerous and the company is collecting their private information. They say the app isn’t safe to use and don’t install this on your phone.
The app seems to be legitimate and will send out gift cards to people who have earned enough credits. A few people have entered into the drawing and won cameras, speakers, and other items that the company shipped to them. However, there are many people who’ve never received anything from the company. When they’d earned enough credit to redeem their gift card, the company froze their account and claimed they’d commented fraud. There are some people who’ve been using the app for over a year and find the company legitimate and have been rewarded several gift cards and other prizes. While others speak out about this company and claim that it isn’t safe and they never were rewarded for their participation.
What Do I Think About this Company?
- I personally don’t like the idea of installing software on my mobile device that will allow a company to monitor my every move.
- I don’t trust a company to have access to my personal information. You don’t know what they are actually collecting from their app.
- I have no idea if they have accessed my phone directory, call history, or even my contact list.
- I personally wouldn’t advise anyone to allow a company to access your personal data on your mobile device.
- They claim they are only monitoring your text message, but they don’t actually collect the message. How can they monitor the message without collect the message? This is wrong and evades my privacy.
- Even though this company is legit and it will pay you in gift cards, I personally wouldn’t recommend anyone using this on their mobile device.
- There are way too many gray areas about this company and they don’t disclose their intentions. They say in one sentence they don’t collect or monitor your messages and later on say that they do collect and monitor your messages. This alone leaves major doubts in my mind what the company is actually collecting and using from my mobile device.
- I feel there are other types of survey sites out there that will only collect the information from the surveys you take and not the information from your phone. It is better to find a different survey site to sign up with and not bother with this one.
- If you decide to give this company a try, do it with caution. You have no idea what they are really collecting off your phone.