Proofreading Pal is a website that works with freelancers and editors. The site is a proofreading service that proofreads and edits different types of documents. As a proofreader, you’ll have to proofread academic documents, books and manuscripts, business documents, and personal documents. The site uses two proofreaders for every document that comes in. The proofreader will check for grammar, punctuation, spelling, verb tense and capitalization. Each proofreader will edit all the documents for clarity, style and sentence structure. The proofreader will add comments, suggestion on each paper they proofread and from time to time may ask for clarification on the pages they edit.
How to Become a Proofreader:
- The site is looking for proofreaders with the following qualifications:
- Must have the ability to work independently.
- Deadlines are important and you must be able to meet all your deadlines.
- A proofreader needs exceptional time-management skills.
- You should have the ability to use Google to search for information online.
- Furthermore, you must be able to proofread and edit academic papers for varies field of study.
- Proficient in several writing styles such as CSE, AP, MLA, CMS, and APA.
- The site requires you have the following software installed on your desktop or laptop computer:
- Microsoft Word 2007 or higher
- Adobe Standard or Foxit Standard
- Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 or higher
- If you meet these qualifications, you’ll need to fill out the proofreader application form.
- The company will review the form and contact you within 5 to 10 business days.
- Afterward, you’ll be required to take a comprehensive, timed examination.
What Type Of Jobs Will You Do?
- The company offers proofreading and editing services around-the-clock. Therefore, when you have time to work it is easy to find a job.
- You’ll be working with professionals, students, authors, organizations, and other individual clients.
- You’ll edit resumes, cover letter, professional documents, academic essays, student essays, books, and manuscripts.
- Each document you’ll edit is checked for grammar errors, punctuation, verb tense, capitalization, syntax and spelling errors.
- The proofreader must evaluate the clarity and consistency of each document. Afterward, you’ll need to provide each client with your evaluation notes and suggestions.
- Certain clients will request a proofreader they’ve worked with before, especially for academic submissions that require special writing skills for MLA, APA, Chicago, and CSE,
- Each document is read and edited by two proofreaders which employ the Executive Editing Style skills.
- Some clients request an express service; therefore, you’ll have a time limit to finish proofreading and editing their documents.
- The company offers flexible hours and you can work anywhere within the United States.
How Much Are You Paid?
- The company is very secretive about the pay scale or rate each proofreader can ear.
- However, they do indicate that their proofreaders are paid by the jobs they do.
- Furthermore, each proofreader with the company earns $500 to $3000 a month.
- The company won’t disclose how each person is paid. It is unclear if the company sends out a check, wire transfer, direct deposit, or uses PayPal.
About the Company:
- The company opened for business in 2010.
- It has an A+ rating with the BBB.
- The client’s that use this service is extremely satisfied and has gone back multiple times to have documents proofread and edited.
- The company has a 100% trust rating and there are no complaints filed online about this company.
- The employees who proofread for this company are happy with the company and have no negative feedback. Each person who works for this company, have been there for a number of years and enjoy the flexible hours and schedule.
This is a legitimate company that hires proofreader in the United States. Each person that works for the company must complete their application and a proficiency test before they’re hired. The company has an excellent reputation online and in the business community. They offer their clients round-the-clock service. Therefore, it is easy for proofreaders to have a flexible schedule and work anywhere in the United States. This is an excellent company to work for if you have the skill set and degree for this job
Pub 2: Two images