Goodblogs is a website that hosts different blog sites that freelancers can write for. They have a unique platform that companies can use to increase their presences online and receive content for their blogs or website. Any freelancer worldwide can write for this company. The most popular Goodblogs site is The Flaming Vegan. If you’re a freelancer visit the site, select a category, write your article, find a dynamic image, and submit the article and photo to the company for review.
How to Write for Goodblogs:
- Anyone with a valid Facebook or Google account can join Goodblogs.
- You can choose to write a blog post for anyone of their platforms.
- Otherwise, just read the blog post and vote on the articles that you like.
How Does GoodBlogs Work?
- As a writer for the site, you’ll need to visit one of the hosted blog sites and select a category to write a blog post for.
- Blog posts are between 300 to 400 words long.
- Write your blog post; check your spelling and grammar before submitting it to the company.
- Find a quality image to accompany your blog post.
- The image must be 615 x 350 pixels for the site to accept your image.
- Submit your blog post and image for review.
- If the site accepts your blog post and image it will be published on the site.
- You’ll receive a notification that your blog post has gone live or that you’ll need to edit the blog post or find a new image.
What Sites Can You Write For?
- The Flaming Vegan – this is a vegan website that has different categories to write for. You can select to write a recipe, about vegan lifestyles, clothing, travel, family, organic garden, beauty, animal rights, and vegan books. The site pays $15 for every post that is voted up and appears on the top post section of the site.
- Of Horses is a blog site about horses and horse owners. If you’re interested in writing for this site, you can write about riding, competition & shows, apparel & fashion, horse care & health, training, travel & vacation, and anything random about horse stuff. You’ll be paid $15 if your post is voted up and moved to the top post section of the site.
- Travel Iowa is all about Iowa and the traveler. Here you can choose to write about arts & culture, events, family fun, food & drinks, places to go and the great outdoors. Each post that is voted up and moved to the top post section of the page is paid $20.
- Imagine Northeast Iowa is all about the people and events that take place in Allamakee, Buchanan, Chickasaw, Clayton, Fayette, Howard, and Winneshiek. You can write about the great outdoors, cultural activities, food & drink, events, people, places, waking on water series, summer trail series, fall faves, and winter wonderland series. Each time your article is voted to the top post section, the company pays you $15.
- Rolling Without Limits is a blog site that caters to the disable. There you can write about accessible home design, health, lifestyle, employment, disability rights, products & equipment, quality of life, and travel. Each time on of your blog posts is move to the top post section, the company pays you $20.
How Do You Earn with Goodblogs?
- In order to be paid for the article you write, you must earn points on the site.
- You’ll need to promote your blog posts on Facebook, Twitter, to your friends, family, and any other social media site you choose.
- The most votes on the blog posts are moved to the top post section and paid by the company.
- However, if you don’t earn enough votes, you’ll not be paid for your article on the site.
- Normally, the company moves one post each day to the top post section of the site and sends the person payment in their PayPal account.
How Does the Company Pay?
- The company pays either $15 or $20 to a blogger that has accumulated enough votes on his article. The articles with the most votes are selected by the editors of the site and moved to the top post section of the site.
- The company sends the blogger’s payment to their PayPal account.
This is a legitimate company and pays bloggers to write for their different sites. However, you have to earn votes on your articles in order to be paid by this company. The company pays one blogger each day and moves his blog post to the top post section of the site. All other bloggers are not paid. However, if you didn’t make the top post section today, there are no new blog posts added tomorrow, you’ll have a chance to be paid tomorrow if your post is moved to the top post section.
My Thoughts About this Site:
- I’ve written for Goodblogs for a number of years and was always paid by the company when my post was promoted to the paid section..
- What I don’t like about this company, is the fact that too many of the writers cheat to earn votes.
- This is a democratic voting system and you need to work hard to promote your work.
- If you can’t earn enough votes on your blog post, you’re not paid for your work.
- The company receives 15 to 20 new articles each day. It takes them over 72 hours to decide if they will post your article on the site or not.
- The site continues to reject articles because of the image you’ve selected.
- The site doesn’t have any rules to follow when selecting your image.
- You could resubmit one article 5 or 6 times because the editor didn’t like your image.
- In the beginning it was easy to write for the site and earn from the articles you’ve written. However, today too many young bloggers have joined the site and found ways to get around their voting system. It’s impossible to compete with the new wave of bloggers. Normally, these blogger find ways to earn 40 to 60 votes for each article they’ve written.
- The site tries its best to control the cheating and has implemented new rules for the site. Today, you need a Google or Facebook account to register, write, and vote on the site.
- The company relays on the computer program to verify IP address, votes, and promoting the posts to the paid section of the site. This is unfair to many writers on the site because it doesn’t guarantee that members on the site aren’t cheating.