Intellizoom is part of the UserZoom Company that hires freelancers to test websites and perform a usability test. The website reviewer records the website as they use the site. During the recorded session the tester must perform a few tests and see how difficult the site is to use Each test has a time frame that must be observed in order to complete the test. As an online tester, you’ll have the change to review different website, navigate through the site, and test different aspects of the site. If you love to test websites, products, or give your opinion to a company then sign up to become a product tester.
About the Company:
- The company has been in business for 6 years. They are located in Mountain View, CA. The business was established on 28 January 2011.
What You Need to Know Before Applying for Work:
- In order to be a website tester, you must be 18 years of age.
- The company needs information from you when you register. They will require your demographic information and other personal information.
- You’ll need a high-speed internet line in order to perform the tests.
- The company requires that you have a desktop or laptop computer to do the tests on.
- You’ll need a microphone and webcam attached to your computer. These are used to record your image and voice during the test.
- Furthermore, the tests require that you download and install the software on your desktop computer. The company supplies you with special software that you’ll need to use in order to record your test.
- When you take the test, the software won’t record your image. You are only required to talk during the test. It is important that you speak during these tests. They want to hear what you are doing and what you think of the pages you’ve visited.
- It is a good idea to have a smartphone. A few of the user test can only be done on this device.
How to Apply For The Job:
- Sign up with the company and fill in your basic information. The company needs your basic interests, age, ethnic background, and your income.
- A 10-minute website test is required. You will be given a website to test for 10 minutes and supply your feedback on the site during the test.
- During the test, you’re given a set of instructions to follow. You must complete all the task that is required of you.
- Once you’ve done with the test, you’ll need to upload the test to the site.
- The site will evaluate your test to make sure you’ve completed the test, the quality of the video and audio are good.
- Just remember to follow the instructions, speak clearly and don’t go to fast. Otherwise, the video can blur and you won’t pass the test.
- During the test, it is possible to pause and start the test again. This gives you a chance to review the instructions and make sure you’ve completed all the steps.
As long as the quality of the video and audio are good, the company normally will hire you as a tester.
What Are the Tests?
- The company sends links to tester’s email account. The tests are on a first come, first serve basis. Once you receive the test, don’t hesitate, start testing the site immediately to ensure your place.
- During the test, the company records your computer screen, your face and your voice as you’re talking.
- Normally there is a series of questions and tasks to perform. You’ll need to follow the instructions and perform the tasks according to the information provided.
- A test for a shopping website could entail that you search for a certain item, add this to your shopping cart and navigate through the site to find other items.
- During the test your feedback is important. You’ll need to say what you like, what needs improvements, and what you found confusing.
- Each test is 10 to 20 minutes long.
- You’ll only receive notification to participate in the test according to your profile and demographic location.
How Does the Company Pay?
- You are paid $10 for a website test that records your test and your voice.
- If you are taking a survey, the company pays $5 when completed.
- You’ll be paid 21 business days after the completion of the test. The money is sent to your PayPal account. Normally the test is approved in 3 to 5 business days.
This is a legitimate company to work for. The company hires freelancers to take surveys or test websites using their software. This is a software company that tests websites usability for businesses and website owners. Furthermore, this is an excellent company to work for. However, you won’t be able to make a full-time income working for this company. You are sent tests according to your profile and demographic location. There aren’t always tests available for you to take.