Help Owl is an online site that offers help to people. If you have a problem it is easy to go to this site and ask a question. Afterwards, your questions are answered by professionals who work on the site. The site pays you to answer questions and help people with their problems. You are compensated for your points that later can be redeemed for gift cards.
How To Join:
- Log onto the site and create a new account. Verify your account and start exploring the site. Once you’ve registered you can start answering questions, writing reviews, and participating in other activities on the site to earn points for gift cards.
How Does it Work?
- You’re compensated points for answering questions on the site. The points, accumulated in your account, are exchanged for gift cards.
- There are a wide variety of companies that you can answer questions for and submit your answers.
- The company notifies you by email or RSS when a question is available in your selected fields of expertise.
- Many of the unanswered questions are questionable where the company is finding their answers. Some believe the company seeks help from other subject companies.
About the Site:
- The site was established in 2010.
- Terabyte media owns the site and the site is registered online to Michael Goldbarb of Scottsdale Arizona.
How Do You Earn on the Site?
- You will receive questions and supply the answers. For each question that you successfully answer you’re awarded $0.20 towards the purchase of a gift card.
- If you’re the first person to answer a question that is marked accepted, you’ll receive 1,000 points.
- If your answer was marked helpful, you’ll earn 10 points.
- If the answers was marked unhelpful, they’ll deduct 10 points from your account
- If you do a company review, you’ll earn 750 points.
- If you ask a question, you’ll earn 50 points.
- Submit a manual, 1 to 10 pages, you’ll earn 250 points.
- Submit a manual, 11 to 50 pages, you’ll earn 500 points.
- Submit a manual, 51 to 100 pages, you’ll earn 750 points.
- Submit a manual, 101 + pages, you’ll earn 1000 points.
How Does the Site Pay You?
- You will exchange the points accumulated on the site for gift cards from Amazon, Walmart or iCard.
- You’ll need 50,000 points to earn a $10 Amazon Gift Card.
What Are the Complaints From People Working on the Site?
- Some questions are more difficult to answer or find what the person is looking for. You spend a considerable amount of time finding the items and the site refuses to give you credit in your account.
- The email support is nonexistent. If you have a problem with your points, creidits or anything on the site, the refuse to respond to your emails.
- The company pays you in gift cards and not cash. When you earn a gift card they don’t send it to you. Many people are still waiting for their gift cards to show up in their inboxes.
- Staff will only answer some of the support questions asked and not all of them.
What Are the Customer Complaints About the Site?
- The people who work on the site will try to talk you into a deal that you aren’t interested in. it seems that the people who work there are hiding something from you.
- There is advertising on the site and when you’re interested in purchasing one of the items advertised, the company won’t sell it to you at the advertised price.
- If you go to Help Owl looking for an answer, they’ll refer or associate your question with another site called Just Answer. In order to find your answer the site requests a $5 good faith deposit to start. In the end you end up paying over $20. You’ll never receive a satisfactory answer from either site and they supply you with the same information that the manufacture already sent you.
- If you want to download anything from the site, they force you to install Easy Online Conversions Allin1 Convert Toolbar. Once you click on the link you don’t have a change to save this download, it starts installing immediately.
The site is a legitimate website to earn points towards gift cards from Amazon, Walmart and iCard. You’ll answer questions, ask question, submit manuals and work on other tasks on the site to earn points. You’ll need to accumulate 50,000 points to redeem a $10 Amazon gift card. Points accumulate rather quickly the more questions you answer on the site. Furthermore, the more you participate in other areas of the site, your points start rapidly accumulating.
- The site doesn’t have a good reputation and has a lot of negative feedback.
- The site has been reported to have malware.