Ask Wonder is an online company that does extensive research for people or companies that have a complex question they need help answering. The questions are researched and answered by a team of researchers. The members on the team do extensive research and supply over 20 sources of information for each question. This company is different from other online answer sites. The company basically works for other companies that need projects analyzed and a solution found.
How to Apply:
- Fill in the employment application on the website. Submit this to the company.
- Afterward, you’ll be required to take a test. The company has prepared a list of questions for you to answer.
- Depending on how you answer these questions, this will determine if you receive the job or not.
- The company won’t hire people living in California, New York or Massachusetts.
How Does it Work?
- Once you’ve proven your research skill, you’ll log into your dashboard. On the dashboard is the job available to work on. Select a job, research the project, write up your finding, and submit this to the company for review.
- Each review can take time for the review board to complete.
- If you review is correct, the amount for the project is credited to your account.
How Do They Pay?
- For each question you successfully answer, you’ll earn $6 to $17 depending on the complexity of the question.
- The site pays you every two weeks by PayPal
The Pros for Working at Ask Wonder:
- The company offers flexible hours and you can work anytime. There is no schedule or hours that must be filled each week.
- The work at the company is interesting and many people have learned a lot from the research they do for the site.
- The company offers training classes and will pay you for the class.
- It’s easy to understand the money you’ll earn from the research projects. Each project has the amount of money indicated on the site. Furthermore, there haven’t been any issues with the company paying on time.
- On your dashboard, you can pick the assignments you want to work on. It is easy to find assignments in your field of expertise, interest, and how difficult they are to finish.
- The company provides an easy way to maintain your income while waiting for other freelance job opportunities.
- This is a good company to work for. It helps to keep your skill sets up and the assignments provide you with interesting facts and knowledge you didn’t have before.
- People that work on the site enjoy learning and reading other research papers from their colleagues.
- The company is working hard on improving the process to make it easier for people who do the research.
The Cons for Working at Ask Wonder:
- The review process is unfair and cumbersome.
- After adding a new robust vetting procedure, the requests are poorly vetted.
- Tasks take 2 to 4 hours or more to complete and the pay is the same. You’ll earn $16 for a task and not $16 an hour.
- Work can be rejected for a silly reason and you’ll need to redo the work in order to be paid. After finishing the revision it can be rejected again. This is time-consuming and hard to earn money from this type of work.
- Once you start an assignment, you can find out that this assignment will take much longer than you anticipated.
- The pay is very low for the amount of work needed to complete the research. You’ll be expected to write up 2000+ words and include 20+ sources for your research.
- When writing up your response, on the page there is a timer. If you don’t watch the timer and refresh the page, you’ll lose your response and have to start over.
- Some answers were removed from the site. The company claims it was because of grammar issues.
This is a legitimate site to work for; however, the questions are difficult and take a lot of research and time to answer. If you like to research, write up a detailed answer, then this site is for you. The company has a review board that reviews all answers on the site. This process is difficult and at times you’ll have to redo your work. The pay scale for answering questions on this site is higher than other question and answers sites. You’ll spend several hours on each question for a set pay rate.