iTunes has an affiliate program that allows bloggers, website owners, and app developers to link your site or apps to the App Store. You can link to any TV show, movie, book, app or song that is on the App Store.
How Does it Work:
The tools Banner Builder, Link Maker, and Widget Builder make it easy to create great links on your site. If you’re writing a review or just trying to promote apps, books, TV shows or even movies you should use Link Maker. However, Apple suggests that you use Music Toolbox to create links to music.
Apple Music Toolbox:
The Toolbox is an excellent place to find and create your embeddable links and widgets. The Toolbox creates links to albums, songs, and a playlist that re-optimized or mobile responsive and geo-aware.
RSS Feed Creator:
Generate RSS feed easily for popular music, app, books, TV Shows and movies. Use the RSS feed on your website or blog to help promote your affiliate link.
Affiliate Links Made Easy:
Create Banner Art Instantly:
With the Banner Builder, it’s easy to create beautiful banner art for your website. The Banner Builder helps you create banner art of any TV shows, movies, books, music, and apps.
What Are The Program Benefits?
- You’ll earn a commission from Apple for each link that generates revenue and is qualified in the affiliate program.
- It’s easy to add compelling and valuable content to your website or app. Furthermore, it makes it easy for your customers to find books, apps, music and more on the App Store.
How Does Apple Pay?
- Apple pays all affiliate commissions 90 days after you request payment.
- Payments are made in the form of a bank transfer or store credit.
- You can request what currency that you want Apple to send your payment in.
- Furthermore, you’ll need to supply Apple with your BIC and SWIFT codes in order to be paid.
What Are the Commission Rates?
- When one of your customers pays for a month of Apple music you’ll earn a 50% – one-time commission.
- iTunes music pays a 7% commission on all songs purchased.
- Mac and In-apps will earn you a 7% commission.
- iOS apps is a 7% commission, along with movies, TV shows, and iBooks.
- iOS In-Apps earns a 2.5 commission.
This is an excellent affiliate program to join. You’ll just need to visit the Apple Affiliate Program page and fill in your application. Apple will review your application and let you know if you’ve qualified for the affiliate program or not.
If you own a website or blog, this is a good way to make a few dollars promoting Apple music, iBooks, TV shows, and apps. After joining the affiliate program, you can add RSS feeds, embedded links or even banners to your blog or website.