The Glymt app is available on the App Store and Google Play. This app offers you the opportunity to make video clips, license the clip, and sell them online. The app will help you sell your videos to different brands. Glymt connects brands with filmmakers and the brands will supply you with different challenges to create short videos. The app accepts 5 to 20 second video clips taken on your smartphone using an Action Cam or a DSLR.
How Does the App Work:
- You’ll need to download the app and install it on your iOS or Android device. Afterwards, you’ll register with the site.
- Each time you upload and license a video royalty-free, you’ll earn 50% of the selling price for your video.
- You will film 5 to 20 second videos and directly upload them to the site.
- When uploading the video you must define your shooting preferences to receive targeted alerts.
- You can answer brands’ request and shoot a new video or upload an existing video on your phone.
- When you upload your video you can edit the video, add tags, and publish the video to your collection.
- If you’re filming a person you’ll need to use the waiver model tool when capturing the video. This gives you permission to use the faces that are recognizable in your video.
- The app sends you alerts each time you license a video.
- You can check your earning, balance and request a withdrawal of funds from your account.
How Are You Paid?
- You’ll need a PayPal account to be paid from the app. I can’t find any limitations as to how much you need to make before requesting a withdrawal from the app.
What People Have Said About the App:
- The app is rated 4.4 by the users of the app.
- A few people who use this on their Android device have had issues with uploading the videos to the site. However, an update was made to the app that has corrected this problem now.
- Many people are starting to use this app and like the idea of uploading videos they shoot on their smartphone or tablets.
The app is legitimate and does pay you a 50% commission on all videos it sells. You will only earn from the app when one of your videos is sold and the customer has paid for the video. The app will split the sale price with you for the sales of your video.