Crowdcontent is a site that hires a freelance writer to write content for their clients. This is a typical content mill that you can join as a freelance writer who is looking for work. When you first go to the website it is very professionally done and well organized. The company has a well designed sign-up page that you’ll be directed to when you want to join the site. Before you ever fill out your application the company goes into details about what the site is about and how you can make money as a freelance writer. The website lets you know they have thousands of customers and different assignments. You’ll be able to pick and choose the assignments that best suit your talents and your interest. One nice thing about being a freelance writer on this site is the fact that you get to pick and choose your assignments and how much time you want to invest working on the site.
How Does This Work?
- You’ll need to visit the site and click on the Signup button at the top of the page.
- You’ll be redirected to another page that gives you three options to choose from. You’ll need to select the writer’s option if you’d like to write for the site.
- The hiring process isn’t as difficult as other content writing sites. This site basically has you fill out the application and send it in.
- You’ll receive a notification after you submit your application. The notification says that they will contact you by email.
- Once you receive your email from the company, you can go directly to the site and start looking for assignments.
- You won’t need to take a grammar test or even a writing test to work with this company.
- When you first sign into your account the site will require you to fill in additional information in your account.
- Your name and most of your personal data are kept confidential on the site. The client will only know you by your username and not by your real name.
- Once you’ve completed the information the site requires from you it is possible to now go and search for jobs you’d like to complete.
- One section of the site deals with writing content, editing content for the description area.
- The site also has a marketplace position that deals with writing different gigs, blog post, website content, or other types of work such as social media posts or even tweets.
- If you’d like to work in this area of the site, you’ll need to apply and be accepted. The site will require that you write them a 150 to 200-word articles that are written in Associated Press (AP) style. You’ll need to have a title, subhead, a link to a relevant article and also a call to action in this writing example. The company will review your work and either accept you or reject you from writing in this section.
- The Product Description section is another section on the site that you must qualify for before you can write there. If you are interested in writing for this section they require you to answer some AP-style questions and you must write up and submit 2 product description in order to qualify. If you pass the test and your content is accepted, you’ll now be part of the team and can pick and choose any article in this section to write.
- When you first sign up for the site there is no initial test that you must take in order to write for the site. However, if you want to write for different areas on the site, you’ll be required to pass these written tests before they allow you access to these areas on the site.
- There are plenty of other areas on the site that you can find work. Some areas on the site don’t require you to pass a test. All you need to do is visit this section and choose the project you’d like to complete.
What You Should Know:
- When you take an assignment the site gives you a TAT score. The TAT score is a measurement of how fast you’ve completed the assignment. The quicker you finish the assignment, the higher your TAT score is.
- The site has a 3-strike rule. This applies if you have accepted an assignment and don’t complete the assignment or turn the assignment in late. You have a chance to get the strikes taken off your account when you complete other assignments on time.
- The site uses a human editor who will give you tips and help you improve your writing skills for the site. The editors will treat you with respect and it is nice to work with them.
How Are You Paid?
- Depending on the assignment and your level on the site, you’ll earn 1.7 cents to 7.6 cents per written word.
- The site will pay people one a week on Friday.
- You’ll need a $10 balance in your account before you can be paid.
- The site uses PayPal and you’ll need a PayPal account in order to be paid by the site.
This is a legitimate site and has been in business since 2011. The site is a content marketplace and it isn’t that difficult to join the site. When you first join the site they don’t require you to take any tests before you can start writing. However, there are certain areas on the site that will require you to submit your writing samples and complete a test before you can write for this section. Just keep in mind this is a content mill and some of the clients you’ll be working with are very strict about what you write. There can be a lot of rejections and requests for you to rewrite your articles. Just keep in mind like all content mills there are many complaints from writers about these types of site. However, there are many great freelance writers that have found work on sites like this and are earning a decent amount of money each month working there. This will all depend on your skill level and how well you write.