WhatUsersDo is a usability type of platform that hires people to test different websites, apps, and prototype using their desktop computer, smartphones or tablets. The person uses a screen recording software and a microphone to complete the different user tests. The person is given a set of instructions to follow during the test. Each test is recorded and as the person performs the test they are required to speak openly about what they see and experience during the tests. The tests are returned to the company who requested each test. They have the opportunity to see and understand what they end user are experiencing.
How Does It Work?
- Anyone who lives in the UK, the United States, France, Germany, and the Netherlands can apply to this company to become a user tester.
- You must register with the company first.
- During the registration process, the company asks you what type of devices you won. If you own a desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone. You must tell the company what type of devices you have available to use for testing the different websites or apps.
- Second, before you can become a tester, the company requires you to take a practice test.
- This means that you will need to download and install the test recording software on your computer and have a working microphone to use during this test.
- Once you start the practice test you are given a website to test. The full set of instructions is there for you to follow.
- You can start and stop the recording during the test to verify your tasks that must be performed.
- You must complete all tasks according to the instructions given to you by the company.
- Once the test has been completed, you’ll submit the test to the company.
- The company will evaluate the test based on your ability to follow the instruction given to you and the quality of your work during the test.
- When taking the test, it is necessary to speak at all times and express your thoughts and experiences during the test. If you find a site difficult to use or are having a hard time finding the tab or using the site it is important to let them know this.
- The company will send you an email and let you know if you have passed or failed the test.
- If you’ve passed the test, your name will be added to the list of testers the site uses.
- Once a test becomes available for you to take, you’ll receive an email that invites you to take this test.
- It is necessary that you respond to the email quickly because there are a limited number of spaces available for each test. The company sends out multiple emails and the test are given out on a first come first serve basis.
How To Make Money:
- A usability tester will normally receive 3 to 5 invitations each month.
- Some testers will receive more tests, each month than other testers.
- One way to ensure that you receive more invitations from the company is to take the time needed to complete the test. High ranking testers have proven their ability to complete the tests and follow the instructions. It is necessary that you take the time to supply the most information possible during the test. Continue to talk and express your feelings and what you are experiencing during the test.
- As a brand new tester don’t expect the company to invite you to a lot of tests at first. It could take several weeks or even months before you are invited to your first test.
- The different tests normally take 20 minutes to complete.
- Each test you complete has a set payment that you’ll receive once the test has been completed and submitted to the company.
- The company must verify your test before the money is credited to your account.
How Are You Paid?
- The company uses PayPal to send you your earnings at the end of the month.
- Normally, you’ll receive your pay on the 25th of each month, providing this isn’t a weekend or holiday.
- The company sends out the payment in pounds, euros, or US dollars.
This is a legitimate company that you can apply for to become a user tester. You won’t be working for this company, but instead, you are independent and can pick and choose the test that you take. Each test runs for 20 minutes and you’ll earn a fixed amount for the test completed. Testers who have been with this company for several years normally receive more invitation to take a test than brand new testers. As a brand new tester, you might receive 3 to 5 tests a month. It could be several weeks or even months before the company sends you your first test. When you receive a test make sure that you follow the instructions and supply the company with the best possible user experience that you can provide. This will ensure that the company sends you more test invitations.