Jury Talk is a way for people to join a research juror group to earn money for mock trials. Normally this is a one-day focus group that you’ll be asked to participate in if you fit the qualifications for that trial. The mock trials are conducted by the Wilmington Institute Network. The law firm is a psychology firm that has been conducting mock trials and focus groups for over 40 years. If you’re selected to join the group, you’ll be listening to a brief format that is presented by one of the firm’s skilled attorneys. Your job will be to give your opinion about the case.
How To Join:
- In order to become a mock juror, you’ll need to fill out the information on the sign-up form.
- The sign-up form is rather long and they ask you different questions about your occupation, employer, if you’re married, how many children you have, and your ethnic background.
- They are interested in knowing about your education, if you attended college, and if you have any degrees.
- Once you finish filling out the application the company will review your application and contact you by email.
Who Can Join?
- You must live in the United States to become a mock juror.
- They need people who are 18 years of age or older.
- Each person that applies must be a United States citizen.
- You can’t have a felony record to apply for this position.
- They require each person to have good moral character and be of sound mind.
- Furthermore, you can’t be employed or even associated with an attorney or a law firm.
- You can’t be an active attorney, legal assistant or paralegal to sign up for a mock juror.
- They don’t want people who have a current jury summons or been a party to a lawsuit in the past.
How Does it Work?
- After your application has been accepted the company will send you an email when they have a case in your area.
- You’ll have the chance to accept or decline the case.
- If you accept the case, the company will send you the details in an email.
- You will either participate in a focus group or be part of a mock trial.
About The Company:
- The website has been online for 19 years and it appears that it hasn’t been updated in several years.
- The company is located in Addison, Texas and has two different offices. The second office is in Huston, Texas.
How Much Do They Pay?
- It appears that the company won’t disclose any information about how much you can earn as a mock juror.
- People who work for this company haven’t given any indication of how much they earn for their time.
- Basically, there isn’t any information about how much you’ll earn or how the company will pay you.
My Thoughts About The Site:
- The website was put up online 19 years ago and has never been updated.
- There is basically no information about this company online.
- Anybody who has worked here in the past hasn’t talked about the company or even said how the company pays.
- The application is fairly long and asks a number of personal questions.
- The site doesn’t have an FAQ page. There is no way to find out anything about the site before signing up.
- Many people will recommend this site, however, there is no information about the site anywhere.
- This is very strange considering the site has been online for 19 years and people recommend this site as a good opportunity to work online.
It hasn’t been proven that this is a scam site. However, there is also no proof that this is a legal paying site that will actually pay you for your time. It is very difficult to determine if this company makes you sign a disclosure statement or not, that won’t allow you to talk about them or not. If you’d like to try this company, my advice is to proceed with caution. There is basically no information about the company anywhere online. You should try to contact the company at one of their offices in Texas. It is best that you speak to someone before signing up with this company.