AccuTransGlobal is a full-service Canadian company who hires transcribers, voice writers, and real-time stenographers. The company is always looking for people who have experience in these fields and can work independently at home. In order to work for the company, you’ll need to take a transcription test when you apply. This will determine if the company hires you as an employee or as an independent contractor. The company hires transcribers that live in the US, UK, and Canada.
How Does it Work?
- AccuTranGlobal hires transcribers that can type 75 WPM accurately.
- You’ll need to have excellent communication and listening skills.
- The company needs people who can meet the strict scheduling requirements and work a set number of hours each day.
- You’ll also need your own computer with an internet connection.
- It is recommended that you have a high-end headset and foot pedal to make the job easier. Most people who have been transcribing for several years should already have these tools available.
- When applying for a position at the company, you’ll need to download a word document to fill out. The document contains the full outline of the position, your basic information, work history, and a questionnaire for you to fill out.
- The company will contact you to take a test.
- Once you’ve completed and passed the test, the company contacts you to move forward with the application process.
- However, if you fail to pass the test, the company won’t contact you again.
- The company has a peak season for transcribers. This means that certain months of the year, you’ll find it difficult to get work from this company.
- The company won’t guarantee that you’ll have work during June, September or December.
- The majority of the work available is from 8 AM to 1:30 PM Eastern Time and 4 PM to 7:30 PM Eastern Time. You’ll need to work at least 3 hours a day during these times.
- Each person is required to work on Thursday because it is the company’s busiest day of the week.
- Most of the work that is available is on Tuesday to Friday in the morning.
- The company can ask you to help out at any time if the workload is excessive and they have many deadlines to meet.
- It is important to let the company know your availability when you’re hired. This gives you a chance to be contacted for more work.
- AccuTransGlobal has a peak season for their workers. You’ll find work from:
- January 20th to March 15th
- April 20th to May 20th
- July 20th to August 20th
- October 20th to November 20th
How Much Do You Earn?
- Most documents that you transcribe will pay you $0.005 per word.
- A 500-word transcription will pay you $2.50 for the document.
- However, you can earn up to $0.066 per word on special projects. This pay is normally for complicated or foreign transcriptions. The company normally offers this work to their experienced transcribers.
- On jobs that involve non-English speaking calls, the company pays you a 20 percent bonus.
- You can also earn a 20 percent bonus if you work on a call that has many technical, technology or science terms to transcribe.
- The company will reimburse your training cost if you earn $200 within the first six months of joining the company.
How Does the Company Pay?
- The company pays all transcribers on the 15th of the month.
- You’re paid for the work you did the previous month.
- You may request a check or wire transfer of your funds.
This is a legitimate company to work for. They pay their transcribers on the 15th of each month. However, this company won’t hire inexperienced transcribers and they are looking for people who have done this work in the past. Unfortunately, this company doesn’t have work year round and the work they offer is seasonal. You’ll need to be available during the company’s peak hours and be able to work at least 3 hours a day. AccuTransGlobal offers a decent pay for your work and they pay you per work instead of an audio minute. If you’re looking for a job to help fill in the gaps or earn a little extra money this is a decent company to work for.