BookScouter doesn’t actually pay you for your used books. The company is more of an agent and scouts around for the best prices available on used books. So when you submit your ISBN number to the website, it will search multiple books buyer and give you a listing of the prices they are willing to pay for your books. You can use BookScouters to search different book buyers to find the highest prices they will pay for your used books. The website actually helps you find the best prices from over 30 books buyers on the market today. This website is only for people living in the United States. The book buyers listed on the site don’t pay international shipping costs to receive your used books.
How Does It Work?
- You’ll need to visit the site and enter all your books ISBN numbers.
- The website will submit this number to a wide variety of book vendors who purchased used books.
- Once they have the list available, you’ll be able to see the different vendors and prices they pay for each book.
- Some vendors aren’t willing to pay a high price to purchase used books, while other vendors will pay more for used books. Once you have the list and what each vendor is willing to pay, you can now decide on what books you’ll sell to each vendor.
- This actually gives you a better opportunity to sell your books and earn a higher price for the books you’re selling.
- Most vendors that you sell books to normally supply you with a box for shipping the books to their store. They also pay the shipping cost of sending the books to them.
- If the shipping label isn’t provided, then you’ll need to go to the website and print out the label.
What is an ISBN?
- When selling books online the company will ask you to enter all the ISBN numbers. The ISBN is an International Standard Book Number that all books starting using in the early 70’s. This number is normally 10 to 13 digits long and should be found on the back cover of the book. The number is located under the barcode. At times you might find this number on the first page of the book.
- Older books don’t have an ISBN number. However, it is possible that a book written before the 1970’s ISBN number might be listed without the barcode. You’ll need to examine the front and back cover and the first page of the book to see if your book has one or not.
- Online sellers need the ISBN number in order to give you a fair price for your books. If your book doesn’t have one, then you’ll need to take this to a book dealer in your area.
How Are You Paid?
- You must first ship the books to the vendor. The vendor needs to examine your shipment to verify the conditions of your books.
- After the shipment has been verified the vendor will pay you for your books.
- It is quicker to have your money sent to your PayPal account.
- If you are paid through PayPal this normally takes 1 to 3 days after the shipment arrives at the vendors. They will send your payment to your PayPal account.
- However, it is possible to receive your money by a check.
- If you want a check instead of money deposited into your PayPal account this can take 7 to 14 days to receive your check in the mail.
- Each vendor has a different paying schedule and when they will pay you for your books.
This is a legitimate website that you can use to sell your used textbooks, paperbacks, or even hard copies of books. The site will take the ISBN number that you enter and search over 30 vendors for the best prices available to you. You’ll be supplied a listing with the vendor’s name and how much they’re will pay you for your book. You have the opportunity to select the best prices available to sell your books to a variety of different companies.
The company is a comparison agent who scouts around for people to help them find the best prices available on their used books. Furthermore, the company has developed an app you can download on your mobile device. This makes it quick and easy to use the services to locate the prices for the different vendors who buy used books.
Has anyone ever used BookScouter before? How did you like their service? If you have any tips or anything you’d like to share, I’d love to hear from you in the comments below.