The ShareASale website was created in the year 2000 by Brian Littleton. Brian owns a private company that is based in Chicago. The ShareASale website has over 1900 different merchant programs that help small to mid-sized companies promote and sell their physical and digital products online. As an affiliate marketer, you’ll have the perfect opportunity to find plenty of merchandise to promote and sell on your own website.
How To Become an Affiliate Marketer With ShareASale:
- Before you can even apply to become an affiliate marketer, you’ll need your own website. Furthermore, it is necessary for your website to have an email address. This gives you more credibility as an affiliate marketer with this company.
- Go to the website and complete the online registration form. Fill in all the necessary information and submit your application to the site.
- The site needs a few days to review your application. Once the review process is finished, you’ll receive an email that either accepts or declines your online application.
- If your application has been approved, you’ll have access to the affiliate program and your dashboard.
- To get started on the site you can start searching the merchants on the website.
- Select a few merchants’ names that you’d like to work with and promote their products on your own website.
- The website is easy to use and to do a search for different merchants and products you want to promote.
- Select the products that are in your website niche. This makes it easier to write reviews and promote the affiliate links associated with the products you’ve selected.
- The website is set up so you can easily search by category, products or even advanced searches. You can always do a general search on the site and afterward narrow down your search to find what you’re looking for.
- After you’ve joined the affiliate program it is important that you spend time reading the terms and conditions of the site. Don’t get caught violating the rules of the site and lose your affiliate status and a chance to earn money.
How Do You Generate an Income?
- The website structure is based on several different commission structures. You might have a PPS (Pay Per Sale) commission, a PPL (Pay Per Lead) commission or even a PPC (Paid per Click) commission. This will all depend on the merchant that you are promoting the products for.
- The site offers you widget links, banners, and text link to use on your website. You are free to embed the links in your text, use a banner ad or even a widget on your website to sell and promote products. Banner ads are quite nice looking and can be placed in the header, middle of your text or even in the footer of your website pages.
- If this is the first time you’ve tried affiliate marketing, don’t plaster the links all over your website. There is no need to link most of your text to your affiliate link. This is considered an aggressive promotional technique and it is bad for you and your website.
- You can use your affiliate links on your Facebook pages, but don’t overdo this and get in trouble for aggressive promotional techniques from Facebook.
- When you decide to become an affiliate marketer, you’ll need to create a new type of mindset if you want to succeed. You don’t want to become a product pusher, but instead, you want to become a brand people trust.
- Normally you should place your affiliate links in your articles and have other article pointing back to the main article on your site. This is a much cleaner way to promote affiliate links and earn money.
- Each account has a Merchant Stats on your dashboard. You will find the stats for:
- The rolling period of 7 and 30 days.
- You’ll see your average affiliate earning for every 100 clicks (EPC).
- If a persona has canceled an order, has avoided transaction, or has violated the merchant affiliate policy, you’ll be able to see this on your dashboard. That explains why you didn’t earn or weren’t paid for one of your commission that you’d earned.
- The dashboard also shows you your average affiliate referred order, the value and the average sales in your account.
- Your affiliate payout per transaction is displayed in the average commission on your dashboard.
This is a legitimate affiliate program for you to join. However, before you get into affiliate marketing it is a good idea to find the right niche for you. Create your website, add content, product reviews, and build up your online audience first. Afterward, check out this site and start earning a commission for your affiliate sales that you make. Once you have all this in place it is so easy to add your affiliate links to your website to earn money selling online. Affiliate marketing is one of the best ways to earn an income online. However, like anything you do online, this will take time to build your brand name and become a site that people trust. Once you can do this, you are well on your way to becoming a successful affiliate marketer.
Just wondering how you got started in affiliate marketing. Did you already have a niche website or blog started? Would love to know what affiliate program you like the best. Let me know in the comments below. Also if you have any questions about affiliate marketing, please be sure to ask me in the comments below.