AliExpress was opened in 2010 in China. The company has a retail platform to help small Chinese businesses sell their products online. This helps the small Chinese business reach a global market. In the past few years, this company has grown in popularity around the world and has started to become a household name. AliExpress sales report indicate that their sales are almost double the sales of the online giant Amazon. Many website owners are not starting to join the affiliate program from AliExpress.
What Does AliExpress Have to Offer?
- The website is an international shopping site and support 16 languages.
- There are a variety of payment options available when ordering from this site.
- Many of the items offered on the site are fresh from the factory. Therefore, the purchase price is lower and it makes the items more attractive.
- The website has a giant online catalog of different products. The top selling items are normally clothing, electronics, and accessories.
- One of the key features of the site is the Escrow service they use. This guarantees that the seller won’t be paid until you receive your item and are satisfied with the item.
- AliExpress offers you an 8% commission on all the sales you generate. Furthermore, the company has the longer cookie duration of 30 days. This helps to attract your buyers back to your affiliate links.
What to Consider Before Becoming an Affiliate:
- Take a look at the products the website has to offer. There are many items on the site that don’t have brand names. This could mean the items you are promoting might be counterfeited. You wouldn’t want to offer counterfeited items to your website visitors.
- Be careful of the links you advertise on your website. Some links might claim that you can buy a gold watch for a reasonable price. But when you click on the link the watch that is displayed is a cheap looking gold watch. You really don’t want to offer these types of items to your clients. They won’t buy them from your affiliate link.
- Most of the reviews for the items sold on the site are short and don’t offer much help to a person looking to purchase this item. Furthermore, most of the reviews are not written in English which makes them hard to comprehend.
- If your website is written in English, your site will normally target the US, Canada, and the UK. According to the stats, the US only makes up 5% of the sales for AliExpress. This could be a problem for you as an affiliate for the company.
- If a person that lives in the US selects free shipping of their item, it could take up to 30 days to receive the item.
- The company has a plugin called AliPartnership which will help to import the products from AliExpress to your website. This isn’t such a good idea to have a website filled with only product images and links. This will hurt the website because it doesn’t generate organic traffic. You’ll need to add product reviews and interesting content in order to rank higher in the search engines.
- Product pages can hurt your website ranking when trying to rank with Google.
AliExpress is a legitimate affiliate marketing platform that you can join and earn an 8% commission for advertising their products on your website. However, there are a few things to consider before signing up with AliExpress. You need to understand that many of the items sold on this site are not brand name items. Furthermore, if your website is written in English, it more than likely targets many people from the US, UK, and Canada. The people who live in these countries normally don’t purchase from AliExpress. Therefore, you might earn as much of a commission selling for this company as you’d earn working for a different company that sells quality products.