MyCrowd QA is a crowd testing site that helps website and app owners find bugs on their website or app. The company has one of the best crowd testing platforms on the market today. Anyone who wants a website or app tested can be assured that the company can perform UX Testing, QA Testing, and Functional testing. This company hires testers worldwide that use a multitude of devices. This ensures the test results and finds the bugs in the website or app.
How To Join:
- Anyone who is 18 years of age or older can join the company.
- The company hires people worldwide, but you must be fluent in English to apply for a testing position.
- Complete the registration form and add your URL link to your LinkedIn profile.
- After signing up, you’ll need to register all your devices with the company.
- The company has test instructions that you must complete before being allowed to take a test.
- Once you’ve successfully completed the testing instructions, you’ll be able to start working to test websites, find bugs and give valuable feedback to website owners or app developers.
- The company has several evaluation tests for you to take. Just log in and start one of the tests. Each test lists the number of bugs that need to be found within the test and how many bugs have already been found. You’ll need to complete the test and see if you can find the other bugs that people have missed. If you locate one of the bugs, you’ll need to follow the reporting procedure to report the bug.
How Does It Work?
- As a tester you’ll be performing exploratory tests, running test plans, and doing bug hunts in for websites or apps.
- Each tester is paid when they complete a valid test cycle.
- Furthermore, when you’re the first person to identify and report a bug in the website or software, you’ll be paid for your valid bug report.
- You’ll also be able to conduct valid reviews of your peers and be paid for your reviews.
- Even if you have testing experience all new members start off as a beginner. Once you can prove your testing skills to the community, you’ll earn more privileges on the site.
- You’ll have the opportunity to use TestFlight. This is an iOS beta testing app that Apple uses to test new apps before posting them on the App Store. The TestFlight allows for both internal and external testers to test the app before it is released.
- No bug you find is too large or too small. The company has written a full page detailed description on how you will be sizing up bugs and reporting them back to the company.
- You can earn money on the site by being the first person to report a result. This means that you’ve flagged or found a bug. You must be the first person to report this bug in order to be paid for the bug report.
- Furthermore, if you’re the first person to validate a test script you can earn money for the results you’ve found.
- Each bug report or result that is identified needs to be validated by the company first, and second by the customer.
- The company has a result review bounty that can earn you money. Everyone in the community has an opportunity to participate in this result review bounty.
- You will have a listing of results that need to be reviewed. You can earn a $1.00 bounty for reviewing all the results listed on the page.
- When looking for bugs or performing other tests, you’ll need to use every function of the app or website to locate, identify, and report the bugs back to the company.
How Does the Company Pay You?
- There is no threshold to reach. Once you have the money deposited in your account, you can request your payment.
- The company pays everyone by PayPal.
- The amount of money you earn from the company will depend on if you’re the first person to report a bug or the other types of work available on the site.
- You’ll only earn money from the site when you’re the first person to report a bug.
This is a legitimate crowd testing platform that pays you for locating, identifying, and reports bugs on the website or in the apps. You’ll have the opportunity to do several different types of testing on websites or apps. Unfortunately, you won’t always earn money from this site. The site is only paying the first person who identifies and reports a bug in the app software or on a website. However, they do have other paid opportunities on the site to earn a few dollars.
My Thoughts About This Site:
- Testing apps and websites will take an extreme amount of time. If you aren’t the first person that encounters a bug and sends a report, then you’ll not earn money for the time you’ve invested.
- Some of the pay is very low on the site. The company is only paying $10 to the first person who identified and reports a bug.
- The company has a platform where you’re paid to review different results on the site. However, this is opened to all members. Depending on how many people complete this task, will determine how much you’re paid. The money for these types of tasks is split between all participants that work on these reviews.
- This site can become very time consuming and frustrating at the same time. You’ll be spending several hours or longer searching websites looking for the bugs, misspelled words or other issues. If you’re not the first tester to sport one of these issues, you’ve done this work for free. You won’t be compensated for the time you’ve invested in this project.
- This can be an excellent job for people, who are quick, can easily find, identify and complete a bug report on what they’ve found.
- There are much simpler ways to earn money online than spending hours testing a website or app and not be paid for your time.
1 thought on “MyCrowd QA Review: Legit or Scam”
I have worked for another company testing and finding bugs in software, This company pays a low fee for the time and effort needed to do this type of work. It isn’t worth the effort to join this company for me. I had always wonered how this company worked. Excellent review and I’m glad I never tried it before reading your reviews.