Daily Transcription is a site that hires freelancers to transcribe audio tapes. The company works mostly with the entertainment industry transcribing their audio tapes. However, the company also works with corporate clients, and the legal industries. To work for this company you don’t need any prior experience transcribing audio tapes. What is excellent about this company is that they offer transcription jobs in over 30 languages. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone who speaks a second language and can successfully transcribe the tapes in Spanish, French, German, Russian, Chinese, Mandarin, Cantonese, Dutch, Italian, Hebrew, Arabic, Farsi, Persian, Tagalog, Japanese, and Korean.
What Does The Company Look For?
- Many of the jobs the company does are for the entertainment industry. Therefore, these jobs have a fast turn around time and their clients expect daily deliveries from the company. That means you must be a motivated individual that can work without supervision and meet deadlines.
- The company looks for individuals who are committed to perfection and can follow directions.
- The company needs professional or novice transcribers that can work as a 1099 contract worker.
- The company works on an on-call/as-needed basis. Therefore, you might receive a call in the morning to complete a job by the afternoon.
How to Join:
- You’ll go to the site and fill in the application form.
- The company requests your full name, email address, where you live, how you heard about them.
- Furthermore, you to be 18 years of age or older to fill in the application.
- Unfortunately, the company seems to only hire people who live in Canada or the US.
- You’ll need to attach your resume to the application and send this to the company.
- After submitting your application, the site redirects you to the testing platform.
- You’re required to complete a transcription test that accompanies your application.
- Once the application and test are completed the company is sent your completed application.
- The company will review your application, resume and test. Afterwards, they’ll get in contact with you by email.
How Does the Company Work?
- Once your application has been approved, you’ll be put on the list of freelance transcriber the company can contact.
- The company doesn’t have work for you daily.
- However, you’ll receive work from the company when they have a job for you.
- Once a job comes in and they need your services, the company will contact you to complete the job.
- After the completion of the job, you’ll need to submit the job to be evaluated and approved.
- Once your job has been approved the funds are deposited into your account.
- The amount you’re paid for each job varies. However, the company pays a fair rate to their transcribers.
How Does the Company Pay?
- Transcribers are paid every two week for the work they’ve completed.
- The company pays you through PayPal.
This is a legitimate company to work for. The company hires freelancer to transcribe audio tapes to text documents. Most of the company’s clients come from the entertainment industry. Unfortunately, this isn’t a stable job position and there could be weeks on end that you don’t get called for work. The company works on an on-call/as-needed basis. So when they have work for you, you’ll be notified by email or a phone call. Therefore, you can’t relay on this job for a full time position to earn money online. However, you can use this job for a passive income and earn a little extra money when they have work for you.