Chegg Tutors is an online platform for students to receive help with their homework or school assignments. The people who work at Chegg don’t necessarily have to be a licensed teacher to apply for the position. However, it helps if you’re enrolled in college or have completed your degree. The students register with the site and choose a plan of payment. Each plan gives the student a set number of minutes they can work with online teachers.
How to Join:
- If you’d like to teach for the company, you’ll need to register first.
- Complete your profile.
- The company accepts the application from teacher/tutors worldwide. You’ll need to provide the necessary documents when applying for the job.
- In order to tutor on the site, you must supply the company with two forms of identification and school verification. Furthermore, if you have a diploma, you must take a picture or scan this to send the diploma to the company. If you’re currently enrolled in school, you’ll need to send them a copy of your student ID. If you’ve finished school, the site needs a copy of your transcripts. They need verification that you attended, graduated, or are in enrolled in a 4-year university.
- If you use your email address to register for the site, you must send the company a selfie of you holding your student ID card, government-issued ID card, passport, or driver’s license. They need to verif6y you are who you say you are on the application.
- The site will require you to take subject tests to see if you qualify to teach or have the knowledge and proficiency to tutor students.
How Much Does a Tutor Earn?
- As a tutor, you’re paid $20 for an hour.
- You’re paid to spend time with the student and also paid to write the student’s written explanation.
- The $20 pay rate is applied to the exact number of minutes worked in a week.
- The company requires the student to have a minimum lesson time of 5 minutes. However, if the person hangs up in 2 minutes, you’ll still earn the 5-minute minimum pay rate.
How Does it Work:
- When you’ve enrolled in the site as a teacher, you have your own flexible hours and can sign in when you have time.
- When a student comes online and needs help. The program will match the student with the teacher available on the site.
- The site pays teachers $20 an hour to teach online.
- You’ll be working with live chat in a virtual classroom setting.
- You have the tools necessary to help each person that you teach.
- Each student you work with shares a whiteboard and a text code editor.
- You can share files with each of your students.
- Furthermore, you can create new pages to add information to your lesson plan.
- You’ll be working with text chat or live chat. This depends on the student’s preference.
- The text editor on the site makes it easy for the student or teacher to edit text documents.
- Unfortunately, the tools the site provide for helping students with mathematics is time-consuming and difficult to use to create graphs and formulas.
What Types of Subject Will You Teach?
- The special subject needs of students are constantly changing on the site.
- Currently, the top subjects include Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Accounting, Linear Algebra, Finance, and Mechanical Engineering.
- Besides these top subject, there’s plenty of another subject on the site that student’s need help with.
How Does the Company Pay?
- You’re paid once a week on Thursday.
- Your weekly pay is calculated from Wednesday to Wednesday of each week. The time is based on the PDT time zone and not your own time zone.
- The company pays all tutors through PayPal.
This is a legitimate site that pays you to teach or tutor online. You’ll be working in a virtual classroom using text or live chat to communicate with your students. Furthermore, in the virtual classroom, you’ll have the access to many tools such as a whiteboard and text code editor. This makes it simple to teach your students and interact with them. The company pays once a week and your payment is sent out each Thursday by PayPal. This is a great part-time job and you can earn a passive income online. However, if you’d like to spend more hours on the site, it’s possible to earn a full-time income depending on how many hours a week you teach.
1 thought on “Chegg Tutors Review – Legit or Scam”
I used to think it is a good option to be a home tutor, and now it’s even better if we can be an online tutor. Though I might not be possible to teach online now as a stay-at-home mom with young kids, including a toddler, I think this can be a good opportunity for me in future. Hope the company still exists many years later.