eJury is a website that helps trial lawyers determine their strengths, weaknesses, evidence, public opinion, selection of jury members and work on their important arguments to make them more effective. The site hires anyone who is interested in reading an attorney’s brief and answering the questions at the end of the brief.
How Does This Work?
- Register for the site and enter your PayPal account information.
- You’ll need to supply your driver’s license number so the company can verify if you have a felony conviction on your record.
- Once the information has been verified, the company will notify you with your login information.
- You’ll receive an email when a new mock trial is available in your area.
- You’ll need to be quick to respond to the email. Only 50 people are paid for reading and responding to the mock trial before it closes.
- Before you begin the mock trial, the amount you’ll be paid is displayed on the top of the trial.
- You’ll need to log into the secure room where the write up is available.
- Read the entire write up and answer the questions at the end.
- Submit your response to the trail and you’ll be paid directly to your PayPal account.
- The normal briefs are 6 pages long and you’ll earn $5 for this brief.
- The longer brief is paid more and it does take longer to read them and answer the questions.
How Are You Paid?
- After submitting your verdict to the company, you’re immediately paid to your PayPal account.
How Often Do You Receive a Mock Trial?
- This will depend on your location and the information you supplied to the company when registering.
- Some locations like Dallas or Ft. Worth can receive a trial once a week or more. While other places can be once every two weeks or once a month. This depends on how many lawyers use the service and what area they are targeting.
What are the Cons?
- There aren’t a lot of trials in rural locations and places where attorney’s don’t use eJury.
- If there aren’t a lot of trials in your location, you’ll probably not get much work from this company.
- Not everyone is happy about giving the company their driver’s license number so they can verify who you are and if you’ve ever had a felony conviction.
eJury is a legitimate company that pays people to participate in mock trials. Lawyers need assistance from time to time to help them determine the verdict or the outcome of their case. That is why they use mock trials and write up a brief for their client. This benefits both you and the lawyer and allows you to sit on a jury in your own home. You’ll log into a secure area, read the brief, and answer a few questions. You are compensated for your time and this helps the lawyers determine how they’ll proceed with their cases.