Laundry Care is a unique job opportunity that allows you to work at home doing laundry for other people. The company works similar to Uber where you will book your clients, pick up their dirty laundry, wash, dry, and fold the clothes before returning the laundry to your clients. The company will handle all new client sign-ups, invoicing and payment processing. All you need to do is set up your own business hours that you are available to pick up the laundry. You can choose how many clients you want to work for each day or each week. You will need to be at least 21 years of age, have access to a car so you can pick-up and deliver the laundry, and most importantly have your own washer and dryer at home. The company has a mobile app that you can download and install on your Android or iOS device to make it easy for you to select your client, find new clients, and know when your existing clients need your services. Many people are calling this the Uber for laundry and this is a great way to work from home and make money washing dirty clothes. This service is available in the United States and parts of Canada.
How Does It Work?
- In order to start to work for the company, you’ll need to fill out an application.
- You must be 21 years of age or older to apply to the company to be a provider.
- The company requires that you own your own washer and dryer in your home.
- You must enjoy doing laundry in order to work for this company.
- The company requires that you are available during the day to pick up and delivery laundry back to the client.
- The company runs a background check on you before they allow you to work for their clients. Your background check must be clean in order to work with this company.
- You are required to own a smartphone so you can receive notification about your pickups from client’s homes.
- The company also requires that you have a home internet service or a service on your smartphone.
- You will need to be available during the day to pick up and deliver the laundry to your clients.
- Once you’ve passed the background check, you’ll be required to purchase a supply kit for $39.99. The supply kit includes your Laundry Care reusable bags, portable hanging scale, plastic bag tags, and clear garment covers.
- It is up to you to cover the expense of gas, laundry products, and detergent. Most of these items are tax-deductible so it is necessary that you keep good records and your receipts. Also, keep track of your mileage when you are picking up and delivering the laundry.
- You will be required to have laundry detergent, stain treatments, dryer sheets, and fabric softeners on hand in order to provide the service at home.
- It is also necessary to have hangers and garment covers to provide a professional service to your clients.
- If you provide laundry service for more than one client a day it is your responsibility to keep each client’s clothes separated. You can not wash more than one client’s clothes at a time in your machine.
- You are obligated to follow the instruction the client gives you for cleaning their clothes.
- There are clients who have special needs and it is up to you to have the correct products at your home to service these clients.
- When washing a client’s clothes it is up to you to examine the clothes and treat all the stains on the clothes before you wash the item.
- You will be responsible for reading the labels on items to make sure that you are washing the items correctly.
How Do You Find Clients?
- The company handles the sign-up of all new clients. After a client signs up with the company they post the client’s requirements on their app.
- You can review the available clients in your area and pick and choose the clients you wish to work for.
- You will need to select the service area that you wish to work in. It is important that you give an accurate service area so the company can match you with the clients in your area.
- The company is growing and expanding and there are a few areas that the company does not yet service. If you live in one of these areas, it is possible to help the company develop this area. This way you can expand your business and be the first service provider in your area.
- You will be working with home-based clients and also Laundromat providers in your area.
- The company also service commercial business.
- You are an independent contractor and it is possible to work for as many or as few clients each week.
How Much Can You Earn?
- The company pays each provider about $20 for each bag of laundry they clean. Normally a bag of laundry holds 2 to 3 loads of clothes.
- The actual pay is based on the service you provide, the type of client you work for, and if you perform extra duties for the client such as taking their clothes to the dry cleaners or ironing certain items.
How Are You Paid?
- Once you’ve delivered the clothes back to your client, the money is entered in the “My Wallet” section of the app.
- You can choose how often you are paid.
- The company does not indicate if they send you a bank transfer or you can request your payment through PayPal.
Laundry Care is a legitimate company you can work for as an independent provider. This is a great job opportunity for stay at home moms or even college students that need a few extra dollars while in school. Just keep in mind that you will need your own washer and dryer in your home in order to provide this service. You are responsible for picking up and delivering the laundry back to the clients that you serve. You will be making around $6.70 to $10 for a sack of laundry. This will all depend on how many loads are in the sack. A sack of laundry will hold 2 to 3 loads of clothes. You will also be responsible for paying for all your laundry products and your gas to provide this service. Before joining the company you should calculate your expenses and make sure this is the right fit for you. Laundry products and gas can add up quickly and this will cut into your profits rather fast. Don’t forget the maintenance on your car that you will be using. Your car will need service and this is your responsibility to keep your car in good running condition so that you can pick up and deliver the laundry to your clients.