VarageSale App is available for all Android or iOS devices. You can easily download the app from the Google Play Store or the App Store to install on your mobile device. The app is available for people who live in the United States or even in Canada. You will be required to join one of the local communities in your area. This makes it easy to search the app for deals in your area. Furthermore, once you’ve joined one of the local communities it will be easy to list your items for sale. The communities will make it easy for you to buy or sell your items locally. Before you are allowed to buy or sell items using the app, you’ll need to be a verified user. This is a simple task to perform and all you need is a Facebook account in order to use the app. This is a great way to host a garage sale using your mobile device. Just snap a photo of the items you wish to sell, post them on the app, and people will contact you through the app.
How Does This Work?
- If you have an Android device visit the Google Play Store to download and install the app on your mobile device.
- If you have an iOS device visit the App Store to download and install the app on your mobile device.
- If you are having an issue to find the app on the Google Play Store or even the App Store, you can visit the website to find the direct link to the app.
- Once the app has been installed on your mobile device, you’ll need to register with the app.
- Your zip code will be used to search for a community in your area.
- Find the community near you and send them a request to join their community.
- Once you’ve joined the community the app requires that you become a verified user.
- You’ll need a Facebook account in order for the account to be verified. The verified Facebook account will help other members that use the app to see that you are a real person. This is important to know who you are dealing with when you are buying an item that is listed for sale or when you are selling an item. People trust a verified user and this makes it easier for you to buy or sell your items through the app.
- The different communities on the app make it easy for you to search for items that have been listed to sell, add your own item to sell, and contact the seller or buyer through the app.
Are There Items That You Can’t Sell?
- The app is very strict about the items that can be listed for sale.
- You are not allowed to sell:
- Illegal items that encourage illegal activity.
- BB and pellet guns
- Bows and arrows
- Firearms and firearm parts
- Knives – this includes pocket knives with a blade that is longer than 3-inches.
- Military items
- Replica Weapons
- Stun guns
- Tear gas, mace or pepper spray
- Bear traps
- Body parts and fluids
- Child adoption services
- Hazardous material such as fireworks or explosives
- Recalled items
- Unsanitized bedding or clothing
- Taxidermied animals
- Escort services
- Offers or solicitation of prostitution
- Alcohol or tobacco products
- Prescription drugs
- Stolen items
- Any items you do not have the legal right to sell
How To Make A Safe And Friendly Sale:
- Before you contact a seller it is recommended that you review their member’s profile information. Make sure you check their VarageSale profile picture and the praises they have received from people who use the app.
- Make sure you check out the seller’s Facebook profile and how many successful sales they have completed using the app.
- Keep all your private information private.
- Use the messaging service that is provided by the app to make contact with the buyer.
- When making a transaction meet in a public place.
- It is best to meet in a public place until you know the seller. If you purchase several items from the same seller it is possible that you can meet at their home.
- If your community uses a community swap location, this is a great way to meet the buyer and purchase the item. You will be meeting at a location that is set up by your community admin. This makes it easier to complete the transaction when other members in your community attend the same swap item location to sell or buy an item.
- When meeting a buyer or even a seller, make sure you take your phone with you.
How Are You Paid?
- This all depends on you. You can require that the buyer brings cash to the location.
- If you want to accept a check this needs to be arranged before you sell your item.
- If you are making a large transaction and you don’t want to be paid in cash or even a check, you could require that the buyer makes a direct deposit to your bank account.
- If you are selling a very expensive item it is possible that you can ask the buyer to bring you a cashiers check.
This is a legitimate app to use to sell your used items through your mobile device. The app is similar to a garage sale app or even posting your items on eBay or Craigslist. The app makes it easy for you to take photos of the items you have to sell, post them in your community, sell the items, and collect your money. If you own a small home-based business and make your own bath bombs, jewelry, or even custom clothes it is a great way to advertise and sell your products. You will be listing the items you want to sell on the app, talking with interested buyers, and selling your items. You’ll be paid when the buyer purchases the items from you. This is a great way to make money by selling off your used items or even selling items you create at home. What I like about the app is the fact that you will be selling to people in your local community so there is no need to spend money shipping the items to the buyers. You will meet directly with each person who is interested in buying your items, collecting your money, and delivering the item all in one transaction.