CyberDicatate is a US-based transcription company whose office is located in Austin, Texas. The company provides professional transcription services to different law firm offices, legal, insurance companies, different protective services and industry professionals throughout the United States. CyberDictate transcribes a variety of documents for case notes, correspondence, different pleadings, phone conversations, teleseminars, speeches, reports, audio broadcasts, statements, interviews and more. This is a US based company and will only hire transcriptionists that live in the United States only. For over 14 years CyberDicate has prided themselves in being able to transcribe any digital format using technologically advanced services.
How To Apply For A Job:
- The company will only hire transcribers that live in the United States only.
- If you are interested in the job, the company will require that you provide them proof that you are a US Citizen.
- It will be necessary that you sign an independent contractor agreement when you work for this company.
- There will also be a confidentiality and non-disclosure documents that you’ll be required to sign.
- If you are hired by the company, you will work as an independent contractor.
- The company administers a test to all candidates who are interested in working as a transcriber.
- Prior to the test, the company requires each person to have the necessary equipment to do the job.
- You will need to own a headset, foot pedal, transcription software.
- Your transcription software must be capable of reading DSS, DS2, WAV, MP3, DVI, and WMV audio files. Furthermore, it will need to have AVI and MPEG reading capabilities. This is the minimum requirement for the transcription software you own.
- You will also need Corel WordPerfect, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel.
- At the moment the company is only accepting applications for Legal Transcribers.
- The company hires on a first come as need basis and doesn’t want people contacting their offices.
What Experience Should You Have To Apply For a Job:
- An applicant must have prior legal experience before you apply for a job.
- They are looking for people that have3 full years of intensive legal experience.
- They would like the person to have worked in a law firm within the last 5 to 7 years.
- You must supply the company with professional references. They will not accept personal references.
- It is mandatory that you have extensive experience of legal terminology and how to properly set up all types of legal documents. This means you must know how to set up documents for pleadings, agreements, formal correspondence, and discovery.
- All applicants must be available during normal business hours. This isn’t a job you can do in the evening hours or on the weekend.
- You will need to be able to type 85 WPM with no exceptions.
- They are looking for transcribers who work well under pressure and can deal with strict time constraints.
How Much Are You Paid?
- The company has very strict policies about talking about your job, what type of work you do, and how much they offer you to transcribe documents.
- It appears that the company offers transcriber a half-a-cent per word for the jobs they do. Again, this is not clear because of the NDA that people sign before they take the test with the company.
- However, as an independent contractor, you will be responsible for declaring your income and paying your own taxes.
How Are You Paid?
- Again, because of the NDA that people have to sing before taking the test, this is not disclosed online.
- The company will only discuss this with you once you are hired.
- You’ll need to pass the test before you can find out more information about how you are paid and how much you’ll earn to transcribe the audio tapes.
This is a legitimate company to work for, however, they are only looking for professional transcribers who have at least 3 years experience working in a law firm. You will need to type a minimum of 85 WPN and you are required to have your own transcription software and a few other types of software before you can even apply for a job. The company will require that you supply them proof that you are a US citizen and have the legal right to work in the United States. They do not hire any contractor that lives outside the United States. The job is not for beginners or anyone who has not worked for a law firm in the past. There are many legal documents that you’ll need to understand how they are written and formatted in order to work for this company. This is an excellent opportunity for legal transcribers and the company offers plenty of opportunities for you to earn money in the comforts of your own home.