Google AdSense is a great way to earn revenue from your website or blog by placing different ads on your site. If you feel like your website has enough traffic and you are looking for a way to earn money from your site, Google AdSense is a great way to do just that. AdSense will work with you to match the ads on your website to the content that has been written. The ads are placed on your website according to your content, and the number of visitors that come to your site each day. Each of the advertisers that pays a different price for the ads that are placed on your site. The amount of money you earn will vary depending on the ads that are displayed and how much the advertiser is willing to pay. Before you can start to earn money from your site, you must apply for an account with Google AdSense. Once approved it is up to you to determine the space on your website that you want to make available for the ads.
How Does it Work?
- Google AdSense requires that you fill out an application in order to join their program.
- To complete your application the site will need your website URL.
- They require that you supply them with an email address so they can contact you.
- The next step is to let Google know where you live. You’ll need o select your country and submit the application to Google.
- You should read the terms and agreement before accepting the terms and submitting your application to Google.
- The site will register your account and take you to another page where you’ll need to fill in your payment details.
- They will ask you what type of an account, you are creating, your mailing address, and your phone number. At this time you’re not required to give any further details about your bank account or tax information. Once you’ve completed the forum just hit the submit button after verifying the information.
- it normally takes around 7 days to be approved for a new account.
- However, in some cases, if you use Google Console this could happen immediately. Once your payment information has been submitted the site can send you a code to use on your website.
- The code should be copied and pasted into your HTML for your website between the <head> and the <head> tags on your site.
- Once this has been completed, all you need to do is check the box.
- If you are a WordPress user, it is possible to get help installing this code on your site.
- For a WordPress site, you can use a plugin to insert the code in the header of your site. Otherwise, you can edit your theme file directly and place the code directly in your theme file. Google doesn’t recommend that you edit your theme code and place the code there yourself. If the theme updates the code will be deleted. It is best to use a plugin to place the code on your site.
- The code needs to be placed on your site and the site needs to be activated before Google can start to place ads on your website.
- The ads are placed on your site according to your targeted content or audience.
- AdSense will use contextual targeting that uses keyword analysis, font size, word frequency, and your overall link structure. This helps AdSense determine what your web page is about so they can place relevant ads on these pages.
- Ads can be placed on your pages using placement targeting. The advertiser will select the placement of their ads, the publishers website, and which ads they want to run on which site.
- You can have ads placed on your site through personalized targeting. This will allow an advertiser to reach users based on their demographics, interests, and a few other criteria.
- The ads can be placed on your site using run of network targeting. An advertiser can select all sites in the network to place their ads on these sites. They can exclude a few sites in the list if they desire to do so.
How Are You Paid?
- AdSense requires that you supply them with your tax information. This will depend on your country and your location. There are some countries that are exempt and don’t need to supply this information to AdSense.
- The company requires that you confirm your name and address. The company will send you a Personal Identification Number (PINs) to your mailing address. Before the company can pay you for the ads displayed on your site, they must verify your identity first.
- You’ll need to select your form of payment. This will vary for each location and the site allows you to receive your payment through Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT), EFT via Single Euro Payment Area (SEPA), a wire transfer, this is normally to your bank account, a check mailed to your address or a Western Union Quick Cash payment.
- Verify your identity is not required in all locations. This will depend on your location and where you live if the site needs to verify your identity or not. If the site needs to verify your identity it will take 2 to 3 weeks to receive your PIN code in the mail. You will need to use this code in order to verify your identity. The company sends out your PIN number when your account reaches the payment threshold.
- Each account has a payment threshold you must meet before the company sends out your payment. The threshold on most accounts is $100. You must meet this threshold by the last day of each month in order to be paid the following month.
- The company pays each person who reaches the threshold for the previous month on the 21st of the following month.
- If your account doesn’t reach the threshold for a month, the money is held in your account until you meet the threshold.
Google AdSense is a legitimate company to work with and they pay on the 21st of each month as long as you reached the threshold in your account the previous month. Many websites and blog owners use Google AdSense to earn money from their website online. This is an excellent source of income if you meet the qualifications and have been approved for a Google AdSense account. Google AdSense is very strict about their policies and rules and you must pay close attention to these rules if you don’t want your account suspended or banned.