GMR Transcription is an American company with offices in California, Georgia, New York, and Florida. Their corporate office is located in California The company is always looking for people who can transcribe English and Spanish voice tapes. If you’d like to apply for a job here it is recommended that you are a skilled typist. Joining the company doesn’t require that you have any previous transcribing skills, however, they do offer their client a 99% accuracy to maintain their high standards. The company hires transcribers for Engish and Spanis. Furthermore, they are always looking for people to translate Spanis documents.
How To Apply:
- The company only accepts an application from their website. They don’t allow anyone to phone the company to apply for a job.
- On the website the application process is quite simple, you’ll need to supply your name, address, phone number, email address, indicate if you are willing to take a test, check the type of work you’re looking for, if it is English or Spanis, add your additional skills, your highest level of education, how many years you’ve done transcribing, and let them know if you won Start/Stop equipment and software.
- Upload your application to the website.
- Once the company receives your application, an email will be sent to you.
- The email will contain an attached zip file of a test tape that you must complete and upload to the company.
Taking The Test:
- The zip file contains instructions for taking the test.
- During the test, the company won’t answer any of your questions.
- You are expected to be able to read the instruction and follow the directions.
- If you have an issue, it is up to you to troubleshoot these problems and find your own solution.
- If you try and contact the company before submitting your test, you’ll be disqualified and your application denied.
- Your test and application will be denied if you submit an incomplete test or don’t follow the template they provide for you.
- The test must be completed and submitted back to the company within 3 days otherwise your application is rejected.
- It normally takes 2 weeks for the company to review your test and send you an email.
- If you don’t hear back from the company it means that they aren’t interested in hiring you and there was a problem with your test.
- The audio table that is sent to you arrives in the form of a zip file, The file must be opened in order to play the tape. The company suggests that you unzip the file with PeaZip. This is a free program and can be downloaded online.
How Many Hours Can You Work?
- If you’re hired by the company they require you to do 4 hours of audio tape transcribing each month.
- You can work more hours if you desire and the company is always looking for people who want to transcribe tapes. They have plenty of work available if you’re interested.
Does The Company Have a Trial Period?
- As a new transcriber, you’ll be required to transcribe 120 minutes of audio tapes for free.
- During your trial period, you’ll be graded on your performance if you complete the job on time, and the accurac6y of you’re the file you’ve transcribed.
- If you pass your trial period, you’ll move on to a paid position.
- The paid position allows you to pick and choose the types of files you’d like to work on.
How Much Does the Company Pay?
- The company won’t discuss any type of payment openly unless you’ve passed the test and the trial period.
- Your pay is based on the quality of the tape, the number of minutes, and the overall job.
- You’ll see the description of the job, what it details, and how much you’ll be paid for completing this job.
- You are free to pick and choose the jobs that you’d like to complete.
- There are no indications of how the company pays you. This will be discussed privately with you once you’ve passed your trial
What Do Others Say About This Company?
- People are happy to work here and the company always has worked for them.
- People who work for this company enjoy the fact that each job you take has a sliding pay schedule. The company lets you know the difficulty of the audio tape and your pay before you accept the job.
- The company offers a higher pay rate than other transcription companies.
- People are always satisfied because the company pays on time.
- The hours are flexible and you can pick and choose the hours you want to work. The company only requires you to do 4 hours of audio tapes each month.
This is a legitimate company to work for and they are always looking for people to transcribe English and Spanis audio tapes. Furthermore, they need people who can translate Spanish documents or tapes. You are only required to transcribe 4 hours of audio tapes each month, but you have the opportunity to work as many hours a month as you wish. There is always work with this company and they don’t have any complaints about paying you for your work. Just keep in mind the first two hours of audio tapes that you transcribe won’t be paid. This is your trial period and once you pass the trial period you’ll be paid for your work. If you’re interested in the job, just visit their website and apply for a position. Complete the test and submit it to the company. If you pas the test the company will be in touch with you within two weeks.