The Chat Shop is a UK based company that hires people to work from home performing a wide variety of jobs. Basically, you are hired as a chat agent to work for different companies. The job could include customer sales, support, or even make an unhappy client an ecstatic client. The company hires worldwide and they are looking for native English speakers who have outstanding grammar, spelling and sentence structure. Furthermore, they look for chat agents that can work 35 to 40 hours a week to help people and provide customer support.
How Does it Work?
- Before applying for the chat position the company asks you to read a few of their blog posts from their chat team members. This will give you an idea if the job is right for you. Furthermore, this seems like a requirement, because the company says they will ask you a few questions about the blog posts during your interview.
- You’ll be able to apply for a chat position online. You’ll need to email the company your resume or CV and answer 4 simple questions.
- If the company feels like you are qualified for the job, a recruitment team member will contact you to arrange for a live chat interview.
- Afterward, you’ll be given an assignment test and another phone interview.
- If you pass these two interviews and the assignment test, a reference check will be made. The company indicates that you should be prepared and have your references ready during the final phone interview.
What Are the Basic Requirements To Apply For a Job?
- They require that you have Native-level English skills with outstanding grammar, spelling and sentence structure.
- You must be good at paying attention to details and have high levels of organization skills.
- You’ll need to have a strong ability to multi-task and stay focused in high-pressure situations.
- They are looking for people who have an inquisitive mind and are a meticulous learner.
- You must be able to work 35 to 40 hours a week.
- They require that you have a typing speed of 80+ WPM with no errors.
- The company wants people who have a positive and upbeat personality.
- You should be technically savvy and can adapt quickly to any chat conversation.
How Much Does the Company Pay?
- According to a few reviews left by The Chat Shop employees, the company pays $10 an hour.
- There are no benefits to working for this company. That means you have no sick leave, paid vacations, health insurance or even retirement benefits.
What Are People Saying About this Company?
- You will need to adjust your time schedule to work on UK hours. The company doesn’t have 24/7 coverage, therefore, if you live outside of the US, you’ll be working many evening shifts with the company.
- You are expected to handle multiple chats at the same time. This can be hectic and will require you to have many skills to perform your job duties.
- The company offer training, however, the basic training doesn’t cover the different situations that arise on a daily basis. Therefore, you’re required to search and find the answers to help people out.
- Many of the customers you’ll be working with are angry. Some of the different companies you’ll be representing on the live chat have a very bad reputation. You’ll be dealing with a lot of angry people during your daily shifts.
- Many people claim the company is unprofessional and that it is a mess. The company is always having issues with their clients. This is due to the fact that they want their chat agents to answer too many calls at once. Therefore, the client’s aren’t getting the attention needed to help them resolve their problems.
- The training needs improvements and doesn’t help you deal with the angry customers. Furthermore, you’ll be working for 15 different companies at the same time.
- The company is always looking for people to cover the different shifts. Your schedule can change at any time, so it is important that you understand this before being hired.
How Does The Company Pay You?
- I can’t find any information on how you’re paid.
- The payment schedule and mode of payment is handled once you’re hired.
- Considering the company works with chat agents worldwide, it would seem they would pay you through a direct deposit to your bank account or a wire transfer.
- According to many reviews online, the company doesn’t withhold taxes if you live outside the UK. Therefore, you’ll be responsible for reporting your own income and paying taxes.
This is a legitimate company to work for and they pay people to work 35 to 40 hours a week as a chat agent. The company is based in the UK, but they will hire people living outside the UK. If you are not living in the UK, you’ll need to adjust your time schedule to their time zone in order to fulfill your work schedule. This can be difficult if you live in the US because of the time difference.
You must take into consideration the reviews that people have given about this company before joining. It appears that the company is only interested in you handling a large number of chat clients at the same time. This can be stressful and hard to handle during your shifts. If you don’t have all the necessary information supplied to you, this can be very difficult to fulfill the requirements and help the customer’s out. Furthermore, the company is very strict about your typing skills and this is a major requirement when applying for the job. You will spend most of your time answering questions and typing in your responses to help people out.