Twitch Affiliate Program is a platform where you can stream any content you choose or even introduce a new game. The company understands that many people have a passion to share, create, and streams live casts and games online. Twitch is trying hard to help people realize their dreams to earn an income from their passion. The affiliate program is there to help anyone who loves to create and stream videos build up their audience and work towards the status of a Twitch Partner.
How Does It Work?
- Twitch has two separate programs. You’ll need to become an affiliate of Twitch before you’re allowed to become a partner.
- In order to qualify for the affiliate program, Twitch has several requirements that you must meet first.
- You must be at least 13 years old to join this program. However, this will require your parent’s to give you permission to join. Otherwise, you need to be 18 years old to join the program.
- You’ll need to stream for 8 hours a day for 30 days.
- They require you to stream on for 7 days in the past 30 days.
- Each one of your streams must at least attract 3 viewers on a single stream.
- You’re required to grow your audience to 50 or more followers on Twitch.
- On your dashboard. there is a tab called Path to Affiliate. When you open the tab you’ll find out how close you are to becoming an affiliate with Twitch.
- When you’ve qualified for one of the four requirements, you’ll see a checkmark next to the requirement.
- However, you can also lose this requirement if you don’t continue to maintain your status on Twitch. If you happen to lose one of your requirements, you’ll need to re-qualify for this in order to earn it back.
- Once you’ve fulfilled all the requirements an invite button will appear on your achievement page.
- The company will send you an email inviting you to become an affiliate of the company.
Completing Your Affiliate Registration:
- After receiving your email, you must click on the link Get Started.
- The link will redirect you to your setting tab on your dashboard.
- You’re required to complete the four steps to monetize your channel with Bits.
- First, you must complete the basic or general information to register with the affiliate program.
- After this, you’ll be required to sign into your Twitch Affiliate Agreement and accept the terms and conditions of the site.
- You’re then required to provide Amazon with your tax information (TIMS) and complete the Royalty and Service Tax Interviews.
- The final step is to tell Twitch where to send your payment by completing the Tipalti form.
What Are the Payment Methods Twitch Offers?
- Twitch has 4 different payment methods it offers.
- You can request a direct deposit to your account, wire transfer, PayPal or even a check.
- You’ll need to earn $100 in your account before you’re eligible to receive payment from Twitch.
- If you don’t earn $100 in a month, the money will continue to roll over to the next month.
- Once you’ve reached the threshold of $100 in your account, you can now request payment from the company.
- The company pays on a Net 60 schedule. The payment cycle ends at the end of each month. Therefore, you receive payment once 60 days has passed at the end of the month.
- Each payment that you receive has a payment fee. The fees are different for people living in the US and those who live outside the US. Therefore, it is an excellent idea to understand the fees associated with each payment method the company offers. For example, a direct deposit will cost you $0.60 if you live in the US and $5.00 if you live outside the US. It appears that PayPal has the best payment options for people living outside the US. When you use PayPal, you’ll only pay a 2.0% commission plus $0.50 to receive your money. This is the same for people living inside or outside the US.
- Twitch has the right to close your affiliate status if you don’t earn at least $100 in 12 months. If the company closes your affiliate status they will charge you $25. The remaining balance in your account will be sent to you before your affiliate status is closed completely.
What You Need to Know:
- The content that you upload to stream on Twitch is exclusive to the site for the first 24 hours.
- After the first 24 hours, you are free to move your content to any other site.
- The company has a strict rule that you can’t stream the same content on two sites at once. If you are streaming on Twitch, you can’t stream this on another channel. You’ll have the opportunity to stream your content on another channel after the initial 24 hours has been fulfilled.
How Do You Earn Money On Twitch?
- As an affiliate, you’ll be using Bits. The Bits pays you $0.01 for each Bits cheered on your channel. However, you are not eligible for cheer emotes like partners.
- On Twitch there are many people who sell games. If you create new content that is based on the game, you can list the content under for sale. If a person views your content and clicks on the link and buys the game, you’ll entitle to a commission for the sales of the game.
- As an affiliate, it is possible to have subscriptions on your channel. The company has different tiers of subscriptions a person can choose from. However, each subscription offers free viewing, a star chat bade and 1 remote that you can choose from for your channel. The company splits the subscription revenue with you 50/50. Unfortunately, you’ll only earn 1 emote per tier as an affiliate. If you are a partner, emotes are based on a sub-point system.
- Periodically the company runs special programs that you can make money from as a broadcaster. You’ll always need to read the contracts because these programs are not the same for each special that is offered.
Twitch Affiliate Program is a legitimate program and will pay you to stream live videos online. You can earn Bits for each video that you stream. However, before you’re paid by the company, your channel must earn $100. Afterward, the company will pay you based on a Net 60 payment schedule. That means that you’ll not be paid for 60 days after requesting your payout from the company. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone who loves to broadcast and does live streaming online. You can earn money for your compassion and have fun at the same time.
Help Keep The Website Online:
Please help support 9 to 5 Work Online and keep it advertisement free. Nobody wants to go to a website and see all the ads, pop-ups, and banners. They come to read the information. The only way I can keep this site free of advertisements is through your help. By clicking on the cup of coffee and buying me one will help keep this website free from banners and advertisements. Thank you for your support and hope you’ll visit again soon. There are new reviews added daily and with your help, you’ll always find great information and legitimate sites you can work on.