UserFeel is a company who helps businesses, website owners, and app developers understand how people feel when visiting their website, or interacting with their apps. The company was developed by Usability Researchers to help website owners and app developers optimize their websites and apps. As a tester you’ll be given an assignment to test a website. This might be to find a certain website, locate a product, order the product, and use the checkout to purchase the item. The completed test will add valuable insight to the site’s owner and allow them to see and understand the problems they didn’t know existed.
How to Become a Tester:
- In order to become a tester you must register on the site. The site accepts testers worldwide as long as you are 18 years of age or older.
- In order to be considered as a tester, you’ll need a desktop or laptop computer with a microphone. Some people say you’ll need a webcam, but there aren’t many tests that require you to have this.
- If you’d like to do mobile testing, you’ll need a smartphone, camera, and microphone. Today, all smartphone are equipped with these features.
- During the registration process, you’ll be required to give your complete name, email address, country of residence, birthday, PayPal ID information, languages you speak, your native language, what languages you speak fluently, your website experience and what devices you can use for testing.
- The last question on the form is to tell the site why you’d like to become a tester.
- Before you’re allowed to be a tester, you’re required to complete a practice test with the company.
- The practice tests takes between 7 to 15 days to evaluate and give you an answer.
- Normally, the company will notify you by email if you’ve passed the test or not.
How Do Tests Work?
- Each user test takes 10 to 20 minutes to complete.
- You’ll need a laptop or desktop computer with a microphone to complete each test. You will not be recorded when performing these tests. Only your computer screen is recorded and your voice in the back ground.
- You computer software needs to be Windows 7 or newer in order to run the app on your computer.
- There is a Userfeel app that needs to be downloaded and installed on your computer or mobile device.
- You’ll need a good microphone to complete the tests, Make sure you test your microphone before starting. It is important to speak clearly into the microphone while testing the site.
- When you accept the test, you’ll need to start the Userfeel app before the test starts. The app will record your computer screen so the customer can see what you’re doing on the site.
- Furthermore, when performing the tests you’ll need a quiet place to work. There shouldn’t be a lot of background noise that interferes with what you’re saying.
- A test will be sent to you by email. There are a limited number of tests available. If you’d like to perform the test, it is necessary that you click on the link as soon as you can.
- You’ll never be required to complete a purchase or buy any products from the website you’re testing.
- During the test you might be asked to find an item, add the item to your shopping basket, and checkout. Normally during this process, you’re required to add some information. There is no need to give your credit card number or your PayPal ID to check out. You can add a bogus ID and credit card number if necessary. The company allows you to use fake name, address, and other information during the test.
- The test is done in the language that the website is set in. You’ll only receive tests that are in your native language or a language that you’ve indicated that you can speak fluently.
- The first initial test that you take on the site will determine your rating and how well you’ve followed instructions. Furthermore, this also determines how often a test is sent to you.
- Some tests require you to answer screener questions before you can take this test. The screener questions are provided by the owner of the website to determine if you are a good fit for the test or not.
- To become a good tester, you must be able to speak your thoughts clearly as you are performing the tasks. The more valuable feedback you can offer, the more often the company will send you tests.
- The number of tests you’re sent each month is determined by your qualification ratings. The site will give you your initial qualification score after you’ve completed the first practice test. Afterwards, each test that is approved, the customer will give you a qualification score. The higher your qualification score is with the company, the more test you’re offered.
- If you’ve missed a notification for a new test, the company will assign a different tester to the tasks. Missing a test won’t hurt your rating on the site. They understand that all testers are busy and can’t perform all the tests assigned to them.
What Does the Company Not Want?
- During the test the company doesn’t want to hear you reading what the site says. They are interested in how you feel about the site. What is attractive and what isn’t.
- Nobody wants to hear everything is OK during a test. You’ll need to explain what you like and don’t like about the website you’re testing.
- During a test the company doesn’t want to see a tester showing off. They aren’t interested in how good you are or how fast you can perform the tests. The company is interested in learning about the site because many people online don’t have the skill sets that you might have. Therefore, it is important to make the test look like a normal person took the test and not some expert.
- There is no need to flatter the website. If you like certain features on the site,, say so. But there is no need to complement on each and every feature the site has to offer.
- Each test has a set number of tasks you must perform. Furthermore, you’ll have a scenario to follow. If you fail to follow the scenario or complete the tasks, your test will be disqualified and you won’t be paid.
- Nobody wants to see a show off. There is no need to perform the test like an expert. There aren’t that many experts buying items online. However, there are many people who do shop online and have issues when checking out on a website.
What the Company Needs From Each Test:
- It is important to speak your thoughts into the microphone. Your ideas and what you see, needs to be projected to the client as you work on their website.
- If there is anything that confuses you, then tell us. The owner of the site needs to know if there are issues on his site or not.
- Each time you perform a task on the website, you’ll need to clearly explain what you’re doing and why you’ve done it.
- If you have any suggestions to offer that would help a person perform the task easier, then offer your suggestions.
- Each test has a scenario that must be followed. Don’t go off script and make something up. Follow the scenario during the test and complete the test as assigned.
- Each test you take should be done in a quiet place without too much background noise.
- At the end of each test there are a few questions you must answer. Answer these questions thoroughly and give a complete answer to the questions.
How Does the Company Pay?
- Each test you complete will earn you $10. However, the tests need to be approved before you’ll be paid.
- The test approval time normally take around one week to complete.
- Afterwards, your money is sent to you through PayPal or Payoneer.
- You’ll need to specify your preferred way of payment in your profile.
This is a legitimate company to work for. They hire testers worldwide. When applying on the site to become a tester, you’ll need to take a practice test. The test is evaluated and approved. During this time, you’re given a rating on the site. The rating you receive will determine how often you are given a test to perform. After each test, the company approves the test, and then pays you for completing the assignment. This is an excellent way to earn a passive income online. However, the better you become at testing sites, the more tests you’re offered.