AdFoc.us is a site where you can shrink your URL links to create a short.URL. After creating your short link, you’ll be able to add these to your website or blog. If a person clicks on one of your links to open the page, they’re redirected to an advertisement that displays for 6 seconds before the person can click on a button to skip the ad. Each time a link is clicked, you’ll earn money for the click. However, the payment will vary depending on where the person lives. Normally, if a person lives in the United States, you’ll earn a higher rate per 1000 clicks than if a person lives in tier 2 or 3 countries.
How Does it Work?
- You’ll need to create an account with the website.
- After applying for the site, the site will review your application before and after it has been approved.
- The website monitors all your actions and if you have any suspicious activity on your account, you’ll be banned.
- After your account is created, you’ll need to decide on which URL links you’d like to shorten.
- You can use the Multiple Shrinker tool on the website to shrink multiple URL links at the same time.
- Otherwise, select the Site Link Shortner to shrink the links without having to log into the site to use the tools.
- You can create a Full Page Script that shrinks all of the links on your website.
- If you’re a developer for software, the API tool is used to place embedded links in your software or other applications.
- Furthermore, you can set up your own Custom Domain for creating your short URLs.
- When a website visitor clicks on your short link they are immediately redirected to an advertising page. The page is displayed on your screen for 6 seconds. Afterward, you’ll see a box that can be clicked on to stop viewing the publicity and move on to what you want to see.
Site Rules What is Unacceptable:
- There are several rules you must follow when joining this site, otherwise, they will red flag or ban your account. One such rule is that it is forbidden to place your short URLs on adult websites, auto-refreshing sites, PTC sites and traffic exchanges.
- You can’t link your website or blog to any PTC site, auto-refreshing sites, adult websites, or traffic exchanges.
- Furthermore, you can’t send from popunder, exit pop, interstitial traffic or pop-ups to the shortened URLs.
- Never click on your own link. Even if you are interested in testing the link they say you should never click on it.
- You can’t try and influence others to click on your shortened links.
- If you use another short link site such as Al.ly or LinkPaid you can’t redirect traffic from these sites to your links.
- They don’t allow you to end any traffic from Facebook, YouTube or even Twitter to your shortened links.
- Don’t try and cheat with a bot or software to manipulate that will click on your links.
- It’s against the rules to try and use cloaking software.
- Never place your short URLs in a place that doesn’t want them. This is considered spamming or spam and it is against the rules.
How Much Can You Earn?
- The site pays a user rate in CPM (cost per thousand or CPT in some cases) for each country. The top paying country so far is New Zealand where you can earn $5.60 CPM. Otherwise, the pay rate for other countries is:
- Netherlands – $5.10 CPM
- Denmark – $4.90 CPM
- Australia – $4.90 CPM
- Ireland – $4.40 CPM
- Norway – $4.00 CPM
- United States – $4.00 CPM
- Sweden – $3.90 CPM
- Canada – $3.90 CPM
- The other countries listed on the site range from $3.80 CPM down to $0.40 CPM.
- The site has a referral program. Each person that signs up under your referral link will earn you a 20% commission for the life of the account. The commission is paid when your referral legally earns money by using the URL short links.
How Does the Site Pay?
- You must have $10 or more in your account to request payment.
- You’ll need to request your payment before the 7th of the month. The processing takes 30 days to complete and you’re paid the following month.
- The site pays on a Net 30 basis which means that you’ll end up waiting quite awhile to receive your first payment. This normally takes 30 to 60 days to send the payment to your account.
- The company has two payment options; you can request payment through PayPal or even Bitcoin.
What Others Say About this Site:
- Many people received their first payment from the site, however, their accounts were red flagged after this and the site refuses to work with them.
- Many popular website owners have used this site, only to find out that the site has banned their account because they received a lot of clicks on the links they have used.
- There are many open complaints about this site. Accounts being banned, non-payments, and accounts being red flagged.
- This site has a very low trust rating of 1.4.
The website will pay you for using the site to create short URLs. However, there are way too many people who have been banned or their accounts red flagged. The company claims that they have broken the rules of the site. This site is very difficult to use and the only way to earn from the site is to use the short URLs in your own website or blog. If you use these in a post on your site, you can’t share this with other social networks like Twitter, Facebook, or YouTube. If a person clicks on your link from one of these social media account, your account is red flagged and block. I personally find the site a SCAM and not worth spending your time there. They will find any reason possible, even if you follow their rules to ban your account or red flag your account. Therefore, the site earns from you, but they refuse to pay you.
What Are My Thoughts On the Site?
- You can’t share the short links on different social media account. If you do, then your account is banned or red flagged.
- You have too many restrictions from the site for sharing the links. You can basically only share these links within your own website or blog. You’ll need to watch where you add the links and make sure you aren’t sharing this on any social media site. Therefore, you are very limited to earn from this site and make any type of money.
- Many sites that pay you for sharing links encourage you to share these links on all your social media accounts. However, this site won’t allow you to share any links on your social media account.
- Not being able to share links on social media will limit the possibilities of using this site to earn money. You basically can only add the links to internal links on your website. If you try to share one of your blog posts on your social media account, make sure that you don’t use the URL shortners in your title or a link that direct a person back to your website.
- The company will red flag your account for no reason at all. Even if you follow the rules, only add the short links inside your own website, they will fabricate a reason to not pay you and flag your account.
- Most companies who offer short links will pay out on a daily basis. However, this company is using a Net 30 pay scheme which means that you’ll be waiting for your payment for up to 60 days.