Fresco App is by Fresco News and is available on the Google Play Store for Android device. The app allows people to report the news as its taking place. Fresco is a news network that works with people around the United States to help bring the news to the newsroom. In 2016 Fresco signed up with Fox so they could use the app to cover news events in major cities around the US. News stations can’t be in several locations at once covering all the major news events. Therefore, they are asking citizens to help them cover news events.
How Does it Work?
- Download and install the app from the Google Play Store or the App Store.
- Register with the app and fill in your information.
- The app will display your location on a map using your device GPS tracker.
- Normally, you’ll see where news is happening in your area.
- The app can send you a notification if you’re close to a news event that is taking place at that time.
- Afterward, you’d need to go there and see what they are asking you to do. They might want you to film video clips or even take photos.
- Once you’ve completed the assignment, you’ll need to upload these images or videos to the site.
- The newsroom will review your submissions and see if they can use them on live TV.
- If your submissions have been accepted the company pays you for the videos or photos they’ve used.
Who Can You Work For Using This App?
- First off you’ll work with Fresco directly. They can send you notifications to your app asking you to cover a story or an important event.
- Second, Fox has signed up with the app and can now ask people around the US to help them report the news.
- If you live in New York, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Austin, Atlanta, Houston, Phoenix, Tampa, Charlotte or Orlando, you could receive a notification from Fox on your app.
- Fox could request a different user to go to a particular location and take a video or even photos.
- You’ll still upload the photos and videos to the app. However, this time it would be Fox selecting your videos or images to use on their news station.
- If you receive an assignment from Fox and they select one of your photos or your videos, Fox pays $75 for the video and $30 for each photo they use. Unfortunately, the company will only send you $50 for your video and $20 for each photo that was used. The company takes a percentage of your earning when working with Fox.
- Several other news organization uses the app. Therefore, you might receive an assignment from The Associated Press, Media General or the Calkins Media. There are a few other small news organizations that currently use this app.
What People Are Saying About this App?
- Before the latest updates on the app, it worked great. However, the app now is frustrating and also disappointing.
- The app has a gallery error every time a person tries to upload images or videos.
- People have uninstalled and reinstalled the app on their devices; however, nothing is working on the app.
- The Fresco support won’t do much to help people with gallery errors and uploading issues. They will basically reset your password.
- The company asks you to submit a picture of your credit card so they can send you payment. Most people won’t submit a credit card image for payment because they want their payment sent to their PayPal account.
- The app won’t allow people to delete their account. When the app stopped working and it was no longer possible to upload videos and photos many people wanted their accounts deleted. Unfortunately, it isn’t possible to delete your account with the company. Furthermore, the company isn’t responding to people who want their accounts deleted.
- People don’t like the idea that it isn’t possible to delete their account and the company holds on to the information for their bank account.
How Does the Company Pay?
- You’ll earn $50 for every video used on the news stations. Furthermore, if they select any of your photos, you’re paid $20 for each one.
- The company makes direct deposits to your bank account.
- In some cases, the company asked for your credit card information so they could pay the money directly to your credit card. However, people weren’t happy with this idea and selected direct deposit instead.
It appears that this company has a lot of issues with the app. People can no longer upload any videos or photos to the app. Therefore, the app is almost useless unless you want to use it to view other news stories. You’ll still be sent assignments if you’d like to participate, however it is a waste of time to do them. If you can’t upload the information to the app, why complete the assignment. You won’t be paid for your time and efforts because of the issues with the app.
Things to Consider:
- The company asks for a photo of your credit card. Why would they need this? It isn’t possible that the company can use your credit card to send you your payment.
- The app is no longer working and it isn’t possible to upload anything to the app.
- Many of the people who were using this app have deleted it off their devices.
- Once you stop using this app the company won’t help you to delete your personal account and all your information. The company retains information about you, your bank account and your credit card. If you’re no longer working with them they should allow you to delete your information off their servers.
- From a few comments and remarks I’ve read about the company, they’re having issues paying the people in the office. Several employees are paid late and they can delay their paychecks up to 11 days.
- The company doesn’t pay a fair wage to the people who work for the company.
- Many people who work in the office have left their jobs because of poor management, late paychecks, and low pay.
- I don’t recommend downloading and installing this app on your phone.
- The company can be a legitimate company to work for and people have been paid for the videos and photos in the past. However, with all the other issues this company is experiencing it won’t be long before you’re not paid for your work.
- Many employees feel this company will close its door soon because of poor management.