DietBet was started in 2010 by Jamie Rosen, Rosen created the WayBetter Company after seeing some of his co-workers challenging each other to lose weight. The DietBet site, Android and iOS apps are part of this company. Furthermore The WayBetter Way and Way Better, Inc are related. Before Rosen worked for a company and one month some of the employees started a challenge to see who could lose the most weight. At this time Rosen noticed that people in the office started exercising and jogging at lunchtime. This gave him the idea to create an app that challenged you to exercise and lose weight. The DietBet became the first social media app that challenged people to lose weigh. The app has different weight loss games you can enter to play.
How Does it Work?
- You’ll need to visit the website or download the app on your Android or iOS device.
- Take a look at the games that are getting ready to start.
- Join one of the games or you can create one of your own.
- After selecting the game you’d like to join, you’ll need to add your money to the pot.
- Two days before the official games starts, you’ll be notified to enter your official starting weight.
- You’ll need to submit 2 photos of yourself. You can’t be wearing any heavy clothing, shoes, hats, belts, watches, coats, or outerwear. You must be wearing light weight clothing only. The first image is of you standing on the scale. The second photo is taken of the scale while you’re standing on it. You must include a piece of paper with your weigh in words written on it. The piece of paper acts as your photo time stamp. You must use the correct words that are displayed on the screen when you begin your upload process.
- Each photo and weigh in entry is verified and reviewed by a DietBet Referees.
- Once your entry has been approved, you’ll receive notification that you now have 28 days to lose 4% of your body weight. Each game you enter has a different time frame and percentage of body weight you selected to lose.
- You’ll have 48 hours after the challenge ends to weigh out. Even if you haven’t won the challenge, you’re required to enter your final weight. Only the winners of the challenge are required to send in photos to verify their weight loss.
How Does the Challenges Work?
- On the website or app you’ll see different challenges.
- Each challenge has a name, what the challenge is, how long the challenge is, and if the challenge offers bonus points or not.
- You’ll be able to see how much is pledged so far for each challenge.
- The challenge tells you how many players have entered.
- Furthermore, you have a bet for each challenge. You’ll need to pay this bet to enter the challenge.
- Finally, the challenge tells you how long you have before it start.
- Once you’ve completed your entry and it’s time to start the challenge, you’ll need to hit the “Play Game Button” to begin.
What Do You Need to Enter a Challenge?
- You’ll need a digital scale to record your weight.
- The company requires a time stamp on your photos, so you’ll need a smartphone or digital camera.
- A full length mirror when you take the photo yourself, or ask a friend to take the photo for you.
Who Can Join the Challenges?
- Today, dieting is a worldwide movement. Therefore, it doesn’t matter where you live.
- Currently, there are over 400,000 players worldwide that join the diet movement and enter one of the different games each day.
- All you need is a way to pay your entry fee and a way to accept your winning.
- The company pays you through PayPal.
- There are three different types of challenges you can join.
- The Kickstarter – Loose 4% of your body weight in 4 weeks.
- The Transformer – Lose 10% of your body weight in 6 months.
- The Maintainer – If you want to keep the weight off for 12 months.
- You have the choice to enter up to 3 Kick-starter or 3 Transformer weight loss challenges at once.
How Do You Get Paid From the Challenges?
- Once the challenge has ended the company will announce the winners.
- In each of these challenges there is more than one winner. Each person who completes the challenges and looses the weight will earn money from the challenge.
- The money in the pledged pot will be divided between all the winners.
- However, the company does take out their fees and the life coach that initiated the challenge gets paid first. The remaining balance in the pot is then divided between each person who completed the challenge.
- Your winnings are entered on your dashboard.
- Request your payment through PayPal. Your funds will be ready to withdraw from your account within 48 hours.
- If you’d like a check sent to you, there’s a $5 processing fee on all checks.
This is a legitimate website that will share the pledged amount of each game with the people who succeed and complete the game. However, to enter the game you must first send in your pledge. The number of people who join the game and the pledge for each game determines the amount of money in the jackpot. After each game is completed the judges will announce the winners. Each person who has entered the challenge and lost the total body weight in the allotted time will earn the money in the jackpot. The jackpot is split between all the winners of each game.