The Penny Hoarder is a blog site that teaches people how to make money online, posts deals, guides on life and recipes, unique job ideas, budgeting, and smart money guides. The site is always looking for great articles to post. They hire a freelance writer to write stunning articles that will get the attention of their readers.
How to Apply:
- You’ll need to submit a pitch to the company before you can start writing your articles.
- On the pitch form; fill in your first and last name, plus your email address.
- Add 3 links to any digital publication you have online. These could be to your blog, guest posts, or a post you wrote for another company and were paid.
- Write the headline you think you’ll use. This need to be less than 65 characters.
- Finally, write a description of your idea. Keep this under 1000 characters.
- The company wants to know a little about you. This will need to be 1000 characters or less.
- Finally, they are looking for information about your writing experience and what you can offer the company if you’re accepted.
What They Look For In Your Pitch:
- The company looks for evergreen articles that contain 700 to 800 words.
- Articles that can inform, relaxed, easy to read, excited about the money, earnings, and saving.
- Make sure your topic that you want to write on isn’t already covered on the site. Search the site for your idea before submitting your pitch to the company.
- The article needs to focus on being useful and how you can help others grow their money, earn or even save money.
- The company also accepts articles from an interview as long as it fits the guidelines and can help people to earn, manage, or save money.
Types of Article The Company Accepts:
- Guides on recipes, DIY, and life: The guides can be written about budget recipes, step-by-step tutorials on DIY projects, recipes build around a theme called a recipe roundup, and different life hacks to save money. Some recipes and DIY projects might need a photo; if one is required the company pays for your photo.
- Unique job ideas and success stories: This type of article involves doing an interview and telling a story of someone else. You’ll write about people having success saving, starting their own business or how they successfully succeed online with their own business.
- Life on a budget, eating and travel: You’ll write different types of guides that give people advice on how to save money. You can write about wedding tips, budgeting, grocery shopping, cruises, the best buys, and anything else that deals with saving money.
- Guides on smart money: These are step-by-step guides that take the reader through the process or method of saving money or reaching your goals. You can write from personal experience or do an interview with a person and how they succeeded.
- After the company accepts your pitch, they will discuss with you the payment.
- The company requires that you write under your own name. If you have a problem with this you can talk to them about it.
- You are allowed one link back to your blog or website. They don’t accept affiliate links in your Bio on the site.
This is a legitimate blog to write for and they pay freelance writers. If you wish to write for this site, you’ll need to submit a pitch to the site before writing your article. I feel like this is a great way to find extra income as a freelance writer. The more you know, the more articles you can write. Write an intriguing pitch and tell the company why they should choose your idea. If accepted, you have a fantastic way to make money and link back to your own blog or website.