Music X-ray is a site where artists can upload their music for reviews. Furthermore, the artists can edit their songs at any time from their dashboard. The music that is uploaded to the site is directly sent to the decision makers and professionals who are interested in producing the song. Furthermore, if you’re just interested in writing reviews for the company this is a good opportunity to earn a few extra dollars.
About the Company:
The company has been online since 2006 and the office is located at 10 Corporate Drive, Suite 300, Burlington, USA. In the site information, the owner of the site is hidden and it is difficult to say who really owns this site. However, the company does have a team they work with. The Music X-ray team is Jeff Durrand, Mike McCreedy, William Shostak, Adam Symmonds, and Joseph Sunder. Nobody is positive if any or all of these people actually exist and work at this company.
How to Earn With Music X-ray:
- Register with the site and fill in your information.
- When registering, you’ll need to choose if you’re a music artist, music fan or music industry professional.
- If you only want to work on the site to earn money listening to music, you’d choose a music fan when you register.
- When registering with the site, you’ll need to give the site permission to access your Facebook profile. \
- After creating your account, you’ll need to select 5 music genres and 10 music artists or bands you like.
- When joining the site, you’ll find 12 songs in your music library to listen to and review. You’re paid $0.10 for each song and therefore, you’ll earn $1.20. After this, you’ll need to wait for new songs to be added to your account.
- The company sends you emails when music is added to your account.
- You’ll log into the site and go to your music inbox to listen to the music.
- For each soundtrack, you listen to the company pays you $0.10
- The company offers a referral program. You’ll earn a 15% commission of an artist in your referral program that uploads and sells music on the site. Each time the person sells one of his songs on the site, you’ll earn a commission from this sale. However, if you only have referrals in your account that just work on the site, you’re not paid a percentage of their work.
Complaints and Problems With the Company:
- The company sends you an email that you have a new song to listen to in your account. However, when you go to your account there aren’t any songs to listen to and review.
- It is impossible to reach the $20 payout because the company won’t send you music to listen to. Most of the accounts only have $1.20 in them. The notifications are bogus and there isn’t music in your account to listen to.
- The only way to make any money on this site is by referring others. If you don’t add referrals, then your account will remain at $1.20 forever.
- The company sends music out to everyone registered on the site. Therefore, if you do listen to a song that was sent to you, it is possible you’ll never be paid to do this. The company only pays a certain percentage of people who listen to music. Therefore, if you’re not one of the top 5 people to listen to this song, you’re not paid.
- You’ll be lucky if the company sends you 3 songs a week.
- If you’re a new songwriter, singer, or musician and want to get started in the business this isn’t the place to do it. You can send in your music for review. In the end, you’ll receive some shabby review back and you’ve already paid the company for posting your music on the site and sending you a review.
- Once your account reaches a certain dollar amount the company stops sending you music to review. You’ll never reach the payout for the company and have wasted all your time to get so close.
- Each song an artist submits to the company, they’re required to pay $20 to $30 for the submission. The company sends you back a very low review and the song is never added to the site that they can see. Therefore, nobody can listen to this song and the artist can’t be paid for the people buying it.
- The site will send song producers a positive review and tell them they have an 80% change their song will make it. Therefore, they invest the $200, with the company and in the end find out that no producer is interested in their song.
How Does the Company Pay?
- You are paid $0.10 for each song you listen to. You’ll need to listen to and review 200 songs to reach the $20 payout by the company. The company sends your money to your PayPal account.
Working on this site and seeing the shady way the company does business, I rate this as a total waste of time and a SCAM. You’ll never be paid for the work you do on the site. Furthermore, the company stops sending notifications to your account when you’re close to $20. Your account can sit for over a year and your balance will never change.
If you’re an artist and seeking a professional opinion about your song, don’t send it to this company. You’ll pay the company to listen to the song, and in the end, you’ll receive a review that the song isn’t acceptable. No matter how many songs you send into the company the reviews are all the same. You’ll only waste your money by asking this company to review your music.
2 thoughts on “Music X-ray Review – Legit or Scam”
I was an early professional with Music X-Ray and had a wonderful run for a few years. Now they have not paid me since 2017 an owe me just under $2000. No one returns my call, email or contact request. I can’t even say they are still in business.
I am glad you always share your thoughts about a program or website. At the beginning, I thought this might be an interesting way to make money online, though I am not sure if this opportunity opens for users from all countries. After reading your comments about the company, I don’t think it’s good to join. I hope there will be more legit companies that allow the artist to share their music.