DesignBro is an online graphic design website that offers companies affordable designs for their business. The company’s headquarters is located in Amsterdam, Netherlands. Here a company can easily join the site and work with top-notch designers from around the world to design a new logo, change the company’s brand identity design, or even create a new packaging design for one of their existing products or a new product. The site allows freelance graphic designers to join the site and compete in competitions to be paid for their design. In order for a freelance designer to join the site, they must submit a few examples of their work. The company will review its designs and determine if they are a right fit or not. This company is looking for top-notch designers to help fill their orders and deliver top quality design for their clients.
Companies – How Does It Work?
- If you are a business looking for a new logo, brand identity, or even a new package for one of your existing products or even a new product you can register on the site for free.
- The company has created an easy step-by-step tutorial for you to follow. The tutorial will explain how to create your design project and give you plenty of tips and tricks to make it easy for you.
- You will need to choose from one of the three design categories before you start your new project.
- The company will require you to submit your payment once you have completed your design project.
How Does The Project Design Competition Work?
- Once the project has been paid, the company will post your project for the designers to review.
- Only 10 designers can enter the competition to make it easier for you to pick the design you are looking for.
- Once a designer has signed up for your project competition, they have 10 days to submit their designs.
- During this time you will be able to review the designs and give feedback to each designer.
- The designer has a chance to modify their design and submit the new design within this time frame.
- On the last day of the design phase, you will need to pick 3 finalists for your project.
- The second phase of the competition lasts for 5 days. During this time the finalists will be given the opportunity to improve on their designs and resubmit the designs for you to review.
- By the 5th day, you will need to pick the winner of the competition.
- The winner of the competition has 3 days to upload the final design to the site.
- You are given 10 days to approve the files that have been uploaded.
Designers – How Does It Work?
- This is an international company and any freelance designer can create an account on the website.
- You will be required to fill in all your personal details and upload a few examples of your work.
- The company vets all designers before they are allowed to work on the site.
- Your work will be reviewed by a team of experts from the company.
- If your designs are approved the company will send you an email.
- You can then continue on with the company and log into your account.
How Do Competition Work?
- Once a company creates a new project, it is posted on the site.
- You have the opportunity to review the new project and apply for one of the 10 spots that are available for each project.
- You will need to be quick in order to reserve your spot.
- Once your spot has been reserved, you can now work on creating your design.
- You have 10 days to upload your design.
- Keep in mind the faster you create and upload your design, the faster you can receive feedback from the customer. This gives you more time to modify and improve your design during the 10 day design period.
- The customer has 10 days and must choose 3 finalists by the end of the design period.
- The second phase of the competition is 5 days. During this time the customer will work with the finalists and give you feedback on your design.
- You have 5 days to improve your design and upload the modification to the site.
- By the end of the 5 days, the customer must choose one winner.
- If your design was chosen as the winning design, you have 3 days to upload the files to the site for the customer.
- The customer now has 10 days to review the files that have been uploaded and approve the files.
- You will not be paid immediately for the design. The payment is sent to your account after the customer has approved the files that you’ve uploaded to the site.
How Are You Paid?
- The company pays the 3 finalists for their designs.
- The winner of the competition will receive a higher reward than the 2 finalists.
- The payment is credited to your account after the customer has approved the winner’s design and all the files have been uploaded to the site.
- The company pays through PayPal.
- Depending on the competition and the amount the customer has paid for your design will determine how much you will earn for your work.
Pros and Cons:
- This site has less competition and only allows 10 people to join a competition.
- You have a better chance to win a competition than with other sites.
- The site only allows 3 finalists and each of the finalists will be paid for their design.
- This site has a better chance to earn money as a graphic designer. Most competitive sites will only pay the winner for the competition. This site will pay the two finalists and the winner for the competition.
- This is still a competitive website and you will need to compete with other designers worldwide during the competitions.
- There is a chance that your design will not be selected as a finalist and therefore you will not earn any money for your time and efforts.
- Graphic design is a tough field and you need to be good at what you do in order to enter competitions and compete with other designers.
- You will be sharing the money with 2 other people. The winner will receive the largest portion of the money.
- If you do not check the site all the time it will be hard to enter a competition. The 10 positions fill up quickly and you need to be fast in order to reserve your place.
This is a legitimate site and will pay the winner of the competition for their design. The site also pays the other two finalists for their design. This is a competitive website and you need to enter into the different competitions in order to have a chance to be paid for the work you do. If you are not chosen as one of the finalists during the competition, you will not be paid for your time and efforts. The site is splitting the prize money three ways and the winner of the competition will walk away with the largest portion of the winnings. Just keep in mind you will need to be quick in order to enter a competition on the site. They only allow 10 designers to enter a competition at a time. This can be difficult if you don’t log into the site and check the site for new competitions all the time.
2 thoughts on “DesignBro Review 2019: Legit or Scam”
Hi, thanks for the great review, but I do have a few questions.
1) I’ve joined similar site previously and their submissions are Open – as in others can view all the designs submitted, and a lot of “stealing” or copying occurs. So I’m curious is this the same with DesignBro? Are submissions kept private?
2) In the same site, I’ve seen company “closing” a competitive halfway through and then obviously the designers are not paid (since there are no winners) but the company still ends up with all their submitted designs (or at least seen them)… that doesn’t seems fair to the designers.
I wish to know if DesignBro have some things to counter these potential “gaming” of system? I guess, many designers would be interested to know too.
According to the company they do not share the designs with the other designers. Only the person who has created the contest is allowed to see the design. This site has a good reputation and there are a lot of positive reviews about the site.