Scentsy was founded in 2003 by Kara Egan and Colette Gunell of Salt Lake City, Utah. The company’s main headquarters is located in Idaho. The company is a direct selling party plan company that hosts parties in the home to sell a variety of fragrances. The company has distribution centers in Coppell, TX, Lexington, KY, and Warsaw, Poland. The company products their wax in Meridian, Idaho and all the products are available in the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Germany, Guam, United Kingdom, and Ireland. If you check the BBB the company has an A+ rating and has over 1000 employees and 200,000 consultants worldwide. The company uses an MLM structure for consultants who can earn a commission selling their products at home parties or online. Furthermore, a consultant can earn even more when they recruit new members to join their team. The company has a very large catalog that sells a large variety of products for your home, bath, cleaning products, product for the laundry, your skin, facial products, and even products for your children.
How Does This Work?
- You can join the company as an independent consultant. This means that you will become an independent business owner who is authorized to sell Scentsy Products.
- To start your own company it will cost $99 to purchase the starter kit. This kit includes more than 80 scent testers that you can use at the parties that you host, they give you some products you can use for demonstrating, you’ll receive the catalog, order forms, and different marketing material. Furthermore, they give you brochures and party invitations for you to use to invite people to the party you’ll be hosting. From time to time the company will announce a promotion for the starter kit. Currently, the company has a promotion going on for the month of May 2019 where you can buy the starter kit for just $15.
- You will have your own personalized website with your name on it. The website is similar to an affiliate link that you can share with people. The website is set up where people can visit the site and directly order the different products from you. The website is free for the first 3 months, then after this, you’ll be paying $10 a month to maintain the website.
- The company has a web-based workstation that you’ll be using to manage all your orders and your clients.
- If you have an issue just pick up the phone and speak to a person. They are there to help you every step of the way.
- You will receive plenty of training material once you join the company and pay for your starter kit.
What Are The Requirements For Joining?
- You must be at least 18 years of age or older to join this company.
- You will need to be a legal resident of the country that you are enrolling from.
- They require that you have a Personal Identification Number such as a Social Security Number or an Employee Identification Number.
- Last, you will need to accept the Independent Consultant Agreement (ICA) and purchase your starter kit.
How Do You Sell The Products?
- The structure of the company is based on the Party Plan.
- You will be hosting parties in your home or others.
- You can host a basket party or even an open house to sell the products.
- The company even allows you to host an online party to sell their products.
- With your personal website, you can take online orders.
Is There A Monthly Sales Requirement?
- In a 4-month period, you must generate enough sales to equal 200 points in a single month.
- The 200 points PRV can be earned through party sales, individual customer orders, or orders from your personal website. You can also earn these points when you host your own parties and people buy the products from you.
- The PRV is your personal retail volume and it is a point value that is calculated on the commissionable products you sell.
How Much Can You Earn?
- On the first 1000 PRV points, you’ll earn a 20% commission.
- After this you will earn a 25% commission.
- You can earn up to a 9% bonus on all your Personal Wholesale Volume based on your rank.
- You will also earn an extra 5% bonus when your sales exceed 2000 PRV points in a single month.
- Furthermore, you can earn additional bonuses based on the performance of your team members.
What Are The Pros?
- The company has multiple levels of advancement once you become a distributor.
- When enough new consultants join your team, you’ll get a percentage of their sales.
- The company has multiple levels of revenue potential that you can earn each month.
- There is monthly compensation available for everyone.
- The company has excellent support and if you have an issue, it is easy to call the company and speak to a representative to help you.
- They have a very large variety of products you can sell.
- The company makes its products in the United States. The only product that is made in China is the warmer.
What Are The Cons?
- There have been issues with receiving the products on time. This is normally an issue with UPS not delivering the order on time.
- At times a new representative will fail to place the customer’s order on time or will not place the correct order for the products they wanted.
- A few times a person received a defective product that contained defects and it started a potentially dangerous house fire.
- A refund can take longer than the customer had expected it to take.
- This is an oversaturated market.
- In some cities, there can be a large number of consultants which will make it very difficult to start a new business and build up your own clientele.
- As a new distributor, this will take a lot of time to build up your own business and find people to join your team.
- Unless you have a large social network presence and great selling skills it will be difficult to earn money each month. You will need to host at least 7 qualifying parties each month.
- Once the parties have ended it is your responsibility to place all your orders.
- It is your responsibility to package up and deliver all orders to the person who purchased the products. It is time-consuming to drive around to each person’s home and deliver their orders.
- If you fail to reach your PVR in the 4 months, you’ll need to place a personal order to reach the PVR so you can continue to sell for this company.
This is a legitimate company and many people do well selling their products. There are a few things to keep in mind when joining this company. You will need to have house parties and invite people to attend in order to demonstrate and sell these products. When you first join the company, it will be difficult to establish yourself. There can be a large number of distributors currently working in your area already selling this product. It is best to check to see how many people work in your area before deciding to join the company. This is an MLM company and your commission you earn will be based on sales and how many people you can recruit to your network. Furthermore, the company does have a PRV that needs to be met. If you can’t generate enough sales in a given month, you’ll need to purchase the products to meet your PVR. Other than this it is a good opportunity for anyone who is looking to open up their own home based company.