Jancyn is a company who hires mystery shoppers to visit different apartments that are listed for rent. As a mystery shopper for Jancyn, you will be gathering important information for the business owner and supplying them factual details about the apartments they have listed for rent. This is a fun job that you can do in your spare time. The company will list different assignments around the United States. Depending on where you live it will be possible to pick up one of the assignments. You will make an appointment as a person who is interested in renting the apartment. The assignment will give you details about what you should be looking at, the different types of questions you can ask. When you have finished visiting the leasing company, you’ll be required to type up your report and submit it back to the company. The assignments listed on the site will vary in price and how much you’ll be paid to complete the assignment.
How To Become A Mystery Shopper:
- You will need to register with the company. The registration form can be found on the home page of the website.
- It is free to register with the company.
- You will need to be at least 18 years of age or older to register with the company and be paid as a mystery shopper.
- The company only pays through PayPal and this is one of the requirements to become a mystery shopper. You will have to agree to accept your payments through PayPal.
- The company requires that you have a computer and a valid email address. They will send you invitations to your email account and at times they could contact you if they have a question regarding the assignment that you’ve submitted for approval and payment.
- You are required to have good writing and grammar skills. This is very important when filling out your report and submitting your completed report.
- Once your application has been completed and submitted to the company, it will take up to two weeks to approve your application.
- When your application has been approved, you’ll receive an email with your login information and password.
- There are some jobs that will require you to purchase an alcoholic beverage. Therefore, if you accept one of these positions, you must be 21 years of age with a valid ID to complete this job.
- You will be reimbursed for the purchase of the drink as long as you submit the receipt. This will require you to take an image of the receipt using your camera on your phone or to scan the receipt and send it in as an attachment. If you cannot take a photo of the receipt or scan the receipt, it isn’t possible to take the job.
- A few companies that you work for will require you to pass a customer or the industry-specific test before you can work the jobs from this company.
- If you are curious if the company works in your area, you’ll need to sign up with the company and search the site to see if they are jobs in your area before you complete your application.
How Does It Work?
- Once you’ve been approved by the company they will start to send you job invitations to your email address.
- You can also visit the website and check for available jobs in your area.
- Once you find a job you are interested in, review the job, and accept the job if you want to complete this job.
- It will be up to you to schedule a visit from one of the available times listed on the job.
- Check to make sure there are no do not shop dates or holidays listed in the schedule. You cannot schedule an appointment if one of these is listed.
- If you have an issue or something arises that you can make the scheduled appointment, you must inform the project coordinator that is listed on the job. It is possible that you can reschedule this job or if necessary, you can decline the job.
- Each shopper is given a rating. Your rating is based on the assignment, your report, and how you have followed the directions.
What Type Of Work Do They Offer?
- The different jobs are sent to you by email or you can find the jobs listed on your home page.
- When accepting a job, you will need to visit your homepage and read the details of the assignment.
- In all cases, you will need to fill out a form in order to accept the job.
- When completing the form, save it often. Once the form has been completed, you’ll receive a confirmation number. Make sure you save your confirmation number, you’ll need it later on after you’ve completed the job.
- The site gives you a PDF form for your reference. You are not to enter the information on this form. It is there for your reference only and to take notes after you’ve completed your visit.
- In order to be paid, you must submit your report online using the form they give you. Otherwise, you won’t be paid for your shop visit.
- If you are looking for more assignments it is important to do a good job on the assignments you’ve completed.
- The site rates you on how thorough you are, your timeliness to complete the forms, and the answer that you’ve supplied.
- If you have an MSPA certificate, you will receive more job offers from the company.
What Is Expected Of You?
- You are expected to read all the job assignments and follow the instructions for the work.
- You will be making appointments and keeping appointments.
- If you can’t make the appointment, you must notify the project coordinator immediately.
- Make sure you check your job to make sure it hasn’t auto canceled before going out on the assignment and completing the job.
- There are some jobs that have auto-canceled and when this happens, you won’t be paid for the work you’ve done.
- If you have any issues there is a project coordinator assigned to each job. You will need to contact your project coordinator for help.
- You will need to submit your report within 12 hours after visiting the shop.
- You will need access to a computer to file and complete your report. If you fail to submit your report within the time limitations, you will risk the chance of the company not paying you for the job you’ve done.
- There will be different comment fields on the report you file. You must submit at least two sentences after each comment in order to get paid for your work.
- Your narrative or sentences must be grammatically correct. The site suggests that you use a spell checker when writing up your comments.
- The comments need to be objective and not subjective. They want you to use action words and not adjectives.
- You will be responsible to keep track of your confirmation number and shop notes for 45 days after submitting them to the company.
How Are You Paid?
- In order to be paid, you must have a valid PayPal address.
- The company uses the email address you register with to send you your payments.
- Make sure when you register with the company you are using your PayPal email address.
- The company sends out the payment 5 to 6 weeks after the job has been submitted.
This is a legitimate company to work for if you like to do mystery shopping. This company’s mystery shopper will visit the apartment leasing and rental companies and report back on how they found their services. This is an excellent opportunity if you live in the United States to find part-time jobs as a mystery shopper. In some locations, there are a large number of jobs available and if you happen to live in one of these locations you’ll have a better opportunity to find more work through this company. Just keep in mind there are a lot of people online these days that try to scam you by offering you a check. Do not fall for this trick because it clearly states this company will only pay you through PayPal. You will never be paid up front for the work that you’ve done and it normally takes 5 to 6 weeks to be paid for the jobs you’ve completed. If anyone sends you a check in the mail, contact the company immediately. Do not try to cash the check and send this person back the money.
1 thought on “Jancyn Review 2019: Legit or Scam”
I am a mystery shopper for 10 different companies. This company is one I have signed under. However, they barely have any jobs in my area. The pay waiting for 45-60 days with most companies is stressful. However, pay is legit and you can make a decent amount with enough shops completed.