Submittable is cloud-based software that allows any organization, company or even a school can accept an online submission. The companies can use this platform to post a different type of jobs. If they are looking for content for a blog or website, need a review written about a product or service, want a video review, need a logo design and much more. The jobs are posted on the software and any freelancer can join the site to search for jobs in the free marketplace. Here you can find thousands of different organizations that are looking for creative work. It is free to join the site as a freelancer and have access to hundreds of jobs daily. This is an excellent opportunity to find work as a freelancer and keep busy each day working for different companies online.
How To Join:
- You’ll need to create an account on the site. It is free to join as a submitter.
- The company accepts you to register with your Facebook account or your email address.
- When creating an account the company needs your name, email address, and a password.
- Once your account has been created, you’ll be able to log into your dashboard.
- It is easy to visit the marketplace and start to search for work you’re interested in.
- The marketplace lists different contests that you can enter, jobs for video, writing, reviews and much more.
- The dashboard is where you’ll see the articles you’ve submitted to different companies, the articles that have been approved and accepted, and the payments that have been made to your account.
Finding Work In The Marketplace:
- Search the marketplace for different jobs a company has posted. Just click on the Discover button and start searching the marketplace for all the companies who have a Submittable account and have posted jobs in the marketplace.
- You will find the details of the job, how much the job pays, and if you need to pay a submission fee when you submit your content to the company.
- You must register with each company you select to work with. This is part of the requirements when you submit your jobs to the companies.
- Once you’ve registered with the company it is easy to submit your job for approval.
- You can use the messaging feature of the software to contact the company to discuss the job or check on your submission.
- There are some companies that will use the site and collect a fee when you submit the content to them. The company will charge your credit card for the fee the company charges.
Submitting Your Work:
- You’ll need to use the submission form to create a submission for a company.
- Fill out the form and enter the work you want to submit.
- If you don’t have time to finish the form it is possible to save this as a draft and come back later to complete the form.
- Each organization that uses Submittable will have a way for you to sign up for the company so you can submit your content to the company.
- It is mandatory that you sign up for each organization that you want to submit content to.
- The sign-up process is free and all you need to do is visit the organization page and create your free account.
- To submit your work to the organization, it will be necessary to visit their website.
- The site will redirect you to their Submittable page and display the submission categories.
- Locate the category that you want to submit your content to. Click on the submit button next to the category to submit your content.
- If you don’t already have an account with this company, you’re required to create one. This can be done from the submission page.
- If you’ve already created an account with this company, just sign into your account to submit your work.
- The work you submit on Submittable will be paid by the company that you submit your work to. The site has no say-so if your work is accepted, declined or paid. They are just the middleman and supply the platform for companies to use. You’ll be paid by the company you submitted your work to.
- The marketplace lists different contests you can join.
- The description of the content is listed and gives you a full description of the content.
- Most contests will charge an entrance fee. If you want to join this content, you’ll be required to pay this fee when you submit your work.
- The company will require you to add your credit card information to your account.
- When you submit the work to the content, your credit card will be charged the submission fee.
- There are many contests on the site that will pay the winner $500. It is worth paying the contest submission fee to join the contest.
How Are You Paid?
- If your work is accepted by the company, they will pay you for the job.
- The company you worked for will deposit the money into your account on Submittable.
- You can review the payment status of each of your submitted jobs. When a job is paid, the money is recorded on the dashboard.
- You can withdraw your funds to PayPal.
- The site offers to pay through PayPal, but they don’t say how they pay if there is a minimum threshold to reach, or even when they do pay.
This is a legitimate platform to join if you’re a freelance writer. There are many writing opportunities listed in the marketplace. It is free to join the platform and search for jobs using the site. If you find a job you’re interested in working on, it will be necessary for you to join the company who posted this job. You’ll be submitting your work directly to these companies using the Submittable platform. Many freelance writers find work through this platform and earn a decent amount of money each month. Just keep in mind there are a few companies that use the platform that will require you to pay a submission fee when you submit the work for approval. This is strictly up to you if you want to pay the fee or not. There are plenty of jobs out there that don’t require you to pay a fee to submit the work to the company. It is up to you to pick and choose the jobs you’d like to work on.