Go World Travel is a travel magazine that accepts submission from freelance travel writers. The magazine has published articles from seasoned travel journalists and even first time writers. They are looking for people who love to travel, can write about their travels, and has the ability to tell a story. You’ll need to have the ability to write well if you’d like to submit an article for consideration to the magazine. If you’re a freelance writer, you can tell a good travel story, and you love to take pictures, then the magazine could be interested in paying you for your story.
Before Submitting A Story:
- You’ll need to do some research before writing and submitting a story to the magazine.
- Understand the style of how people write and what the magazine publishes.
- Look through the site and see what has been published in the past.
- Make sure your article will go beyond a story that a newspaper will publish in their travel section. The stories must be unique and catch the eye of the readers.
What Do They Want?
- They are looking for stories that tell more about a destination and what you can do there.
- They are looking for stories about the people who live there, their homes, and their lifestyle.
- Stories about customs, local hangouts, and the city’s nightlife are excellent stories to write about.
- Write about stories that describe the food, how it is cooked, and make sure that your story includes the smell and aroma of what is being cooked. They are looking for stories that describe the food in so much detail that a person will think they are sitting there eating the food right along with you.
- Tell about the streets, walking down the streets, the store on the streets and the people you encounter.
- If you’ve found some hidden path to explore, tell about them, describe how you got there, what you see, and why this is so unique and a person should visit there.
- The magazine loves to publish stories that are down to earth and describe in complete details the destination about where you’ve been.
- The more vivid the story, the more details you can add, and the more curiosity and interest you can include in your story, the better your chances will be to get it published.
- This is an international magazine and they are looking for stories from around the globe.
Submitting A Story:
- The story you submit can be up to 1600 words long.
- Stories must be written in the first person only.
- The story must provide the best insight and be written in a professional manner.
- At the end of each story, you’ll need to write a paragraph about “If You Go” to this destination and provide some helpful information and tips for the readers. These should be your experience and the knowledge you’ve gained during your travels to this destination.
- Include an author’s bio at the end of your story.
- You should include several photos to go along with your story. If you don’t have any photos that you’d like to submit it is necessary to let the company know when you submit your article.
Submitting Your Article For Consideration:
- All submissions must be emailed to the company.
- The subject line of the email will need to include your story title and the destination.
- Add your name, address, email address and an author bio to the submission.
- This information needs to be added to the document. Therefore, you’ll need to make sure that your document has your name, address, and email address at the top of the document. At the bottom of the document, it needs to have your author’s bio.
- Let the company know if this article was published before and where it has been published.
How Much Does The Magazine Pay?
- The magazine will purchase non-exclusive rights to your story.
- They offer $30 or $40 for each story they purchase.
- This includes photo essays.
- The payment is sent to the author one the story is published in the magazine.
This is a legitimate magazine to submit your travel stories for consideration. The magazine will allow you to submit the completed story and the photos to accompany the story. All submissions are done through email. Once your article has been published the company will pay you for your story. The magazine will only purchase the non-exclusive right to your story. If you are a freelance writer, love to write about travel, and can tell a good story, then this is an excellent opportunity for you.
2 thoughts on “Go World Travel Magazine Review 2019: Legit or Scam”
On Saturday, January 26, 2019, 9 to 5 Work Online wrote:
> Ann LeFlore posted: “Go World Travel is a travel magazine that accepts > submission from freelance travel writers. The magazine has published > articles from seasoned travel journalists and even first time writers. They > are looking for people who love to travel, can write about t” >
I have written for travel magazines in the past and this is the lowest pay I have ever seen. Normally you can earn between $200 to $400 to write for one of these magazines.