UVOCORP is a company who hires freelance academic writers. The company is looking for ELS and English writers to join their writing team. If you are proficient in English as a second language or if English is your first language this company will hire you to write for them. They hire full-time and part-time writers worldwide. It is up to you to select what position that will fit your schedule. The company makes it easy to join and only requires that you write one evaluation paper when you register. They will read your paper, grade your paper, and send you an email with your results. If you are accepted as a writer, you’ll be working with a mentor for the first month. The mentor will be there to help you learn the ropes, help you improve your writing skills, and answer any questions you may have about the assignment that you were given. It is easy to accept writing assignments worldwide as long as you have access to the internet. As an academic writer with this company, it is important that you understand the different academic formats such as citation formats, and standards of certain types of academic papers.
How Does It Work?
- If you’d like to work with this company, you’ll need to register and create an account.
- The company hires writers worldwide and currently has an area set up on their site if you live in Australia, Europe, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, New Zealand, Canada, Hong Kong or even India. You can visit one of these areas on the site to register and complete the written test.
- The company is currently looking for Native English Speakers. If you’re a Native English Speaker the site has special orders that need to be filled and can only be written by a person whose first language is English.
- If English is your second language and you have an excellent knowledge of Business Studies, Humanities, Social Science and Applied Science, the site is looking for you.
- They are also looking for writers who have knowledge in the following disciplines:
- Architecture, Building, and Planning
- Biology – and other Life Sciences
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science
- IT Web
- When registering with the company, you’ll receive a confirmation email with a link that you need to click on in order to confirm your email address.
- The company requires that you fill out a CV, and upload a picture of you holding your photo ID.
- You’ll need to verify your phone number
- Send in a sample of your writing for the company to review. This must be an academic paper that you’ve written. The paper will be evaluated by the editors and they will check the paper for the grammar, spelling, the academic writing standards, and the rules.
- If you’ve failed the written portion of the test it is possible that you can reapply for this position in 3 months.
- The registration process takes 4 to 6 days to complete.
- The company will send you an email. If you’ve passed the test, you’ll be able to start immediately working with this company.
- You will need to verify your phone number with the company. You will receive a verification code from the company.
Working With a Mentor:
- All ESL writers will be assigned a mentor to work with for the first one to two months.
- It isn’t clear if a Native Engish Speaker will need to work with a mentor or not.
- The mentor will work closely with each of their writers to monitor their performance.
- It is the job of the mentor to correct the errors you make, help you understand the assignments, and guide you through the process of writing different academic papers.
- During this time, the mentor will grade your papers, make the corrections, and help you to move forward so that you can start writing for the company on your own.
How Much Do You Earn?
- If you are an ESL writer, the company pays $5 to $15 for each page you write.
- If you are a Native English Writer, you’ll earn $26 for each page you write.
- The site has deadlines that must be met. If you fail to meet these deadlines, a portion of your pay will be deduced.
- If the mentor needs to rewrite your paper or make corrections, a portion of your pay will be deducted for the mentor’s time and the corrections they made.
- You can be fined for plagiarism, an unreasonable retraction from the order, if you use the wrong style application, lateness and if you if use poor language levels in your writing.
- The site does pay a bonus to certain writers who meet a high quality of writing. You can earn an extra 0 to 7.5% bonus for the papers you’ve written.
How Are You Paid?
- The company pays on the 1st and the 15th of each month. The payment period lasts for 5 days.
- You have a choice to be paid through PayPal, Skrill, a wire transfer, or a Payoneer Debit MasterCard.
What Do People Say About This Company?
- Many of the writers who have worked for this company seem to have a lot of issues with the mentors they were assigned.
- The mentor will make unnecessary corrections to the papers, rewrite a major portion of the paper, and deduct large amounts of money from the writer.
- it appears that the mentors are making the most money on the site and they are earning this money from the writers.
- There are changes the mentor made on certain papers that the client didn’t agree with. It was up to the writer to correct these issues. If the writer failed to correct the issues they were given a warning or suspended from the site.
This is actually a legitimate company to work for in 2019. If you are a new freelance writer or even a well established freelance writer it is easy to join this site and start earning money. However, you must understand that you will be working with a mentor when you first join the site. A mentor can be very beneficial for some writer, and for others, the mentor can be unethical. Mentors have the right to deduct your earning, make unnecessary corrections, or change the paper completely so they earn money off of your work. There are many people who have worked for this company for several years and it seems that the complaints are basically all the same. The company looks for ways to deduct your pay and not pay you for the work you’ve done. Just keep in mind that this company will pay their writers, but the pay that you receive won’t be what you should earn as a freelance writer. The company finds ways to deduct the amount of money they pay you for the work you’ve done.
1 thought on “UVOCORP Review 2019: Legit or Scam”
Yeah. The writer has given true reflection of the company’s pros and cons.
Yes, it is a legit company. However, little scam exists in the shape of mentorship program that results in losing the quality writers. And if this persists, the company would be in doldrums soon.