Cactus, was founded in 2002 by Cactus Communication Pvt. Ltd. It is located in Mumbai, India. This is a company who hires people worldwide to work at home as a skilled academic writer or proofreader. The company provides their work at home employees with different assignments that will give the person a full day of editing or writing work to do. The company hires freelancers for medical communications writing and editing, editing positions, customer service jobs and much more. If you’re looking for a job as a writer, proofreader, transcriber, or translator this is an excellent company to work for/
How Does it Work?
- Anyone can apply for a job at Cactus.
- You’ll need to fill out the application and submit it to the company.
- The company is looking to hire freelancers worldwide that have excellent Engish skills.
- You must have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- The company hires people with a good working knowledge of biomedical sciences.
- You will need to pass a screening exam that will test your skills as a proofreader or editor.
- Once you pass the screen test the company will contact you to set up an interview.
- If you apply for the job it is important that you can meet deadlines.
- You’ll need a bachelor’s degree in a scientific field in order to apply to work for this company.
- You will need to apply for the different areas of work. Each area has a test that you must pass before you can work in this area. The tests are challenging and some people don’t qualify for a certain area, but they will for another area.
What Type Of Work Do You Do?
- You will be working with manuscripts. The manuscripts that you edit will be for science journals.
- You’ll be working with different types of information that de with physical sciences, engineering, chemistry, medicine, and healthcare.
- You’ll find the editing jobs on the website. There are a variety of jobs available each day to choose from. You will choose the jobs that you want to work on.
What Do People Say About This Company?
- There is always new challenges and a wide array of jobs available.
- The offer detailed guidelines for beginners.
- You have a flexible work schedule and you can take on as many jobs as you can handle.
- The flexible work hours are a major plus and everyone agrees that is is one of the top benefits of working for this company.
- If you decide to work in the office they won’t offer you a friendly work environment.
- Sometimes the deadlines are too short and you must meet the deadlines to continue working there.
- You are not paid well by the company. People should consider this as a job they should take if they are desperate for money.
- Many of the documents that you’re required to edit are very difficult to read because of the complex language. Some of the documents have poor phrasing and a lot of errors inside.
- After editing complex documents you feel like you aren’t being paid a fair wage for your services.
- The company hires worldwide, but the majority of the work is for people who live in India.
- After each editing job you perform, you’re given a review. The company gives many low grades so they don’t have to pay, you a higher wage for the work you do.
- It isn’t possible to dispute the reviews you’re given f your work. You are stuck with the person’s decision which isn’t always a fair assessment of the work you’ve done.
- The people who grade and review your work aren’t native English speakers.
- If you live in America it is hard to get enough work unless you are online when the work is posted. This makes it difficult for you to meet the company’s requirements.
How Much Are You Paid?
- You pay is per word and not per hour. The pay rate is determined by the subject area that you apply for.
- The company also rates your pay per word based on the qualification tests that you took.
- As your editing skills improve, your pay per hour will increase. You’ll still be paid by the word, but the more documents you can edit the higher your pay will be.
How Are You Paid?
- There is no indication online or in any review that tells us how the company pays.
- You will find out how often the company pays you for your work and if they pay through PayPal, online bank transfer or a different form of payment. This is only discussed in your final interview once you’ve passed the tests to work for the company.
This is a legitimate company to work for and it has been in business since 2002. The company hires people worldwide, but some of the jobs are for India residence only. Like all companies, there is the good and the bad. Overall, people are happy working for this company because of the flexible hours and the type of work they do. However, it seems that everyone agrees that the pay per word is low and they feel the company isn’t competitive in their pay. If you are looking for an editing or proofreading job this is a good company to work for. You’ll need a college degree in order to apply for work. The company has several editing tests that you must pass before they will contact you for an interview. If you fail the tests the first time around, you can reapply again in 2 months.
Join Quidco today and start earning cash back on all your online purchases.